Prepend caller ID to group SP3 change?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigdessert, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdessert

So we have always had the prepend caller ID to groups enabled. This was great to differentiate between calls coming in. Problem is after we installed SP3 now all transfers coming from IVR are getting the IVR name prepended to them.

Is this a bug or by design change?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @bigdessert

I have tried and cannot replicate your issue as the IVR name is not prepended under any scenario i tried. With that in mind can you please let me know of the call flow, and your settings under contacts / Options and also check your inbound rule name to make sure that is not the one displaying.

3. bigdessert

Sorry, this doesn't happen on phones but does happen on 3cxclient for windows and webclient.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I still cannot replicate the issue. Can you please let me know of the call flow so i can try and replicate? For example, Incoming call from trunk ---> IVR ----> Ring Group ---> phone.

5. bigdessert

Incoming call from trunk->IVR->manually enter extension->phone rings and webclient and 3cxclient for windows prepent the IVR name. Under contact options I have Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID to "prepend name"

6. bigdessert

Yiannish, were you able to reproduce this issue?

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I am still unable to reproduce the issue and i have tried on a few different systems. Are you using inbound rules for different destinations? Could one of your inbound rules have the same name as the IVR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.