Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Prepend Digit to Internal Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by versacom, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. versacom

I have a unique situation where I need to prepend a digit to the beginning of user input.

I am wondering if this is possible.

Scenario:

Analog Door Phones connected to VoIP gateway.

VoIP gateway connected to 3CX system.

The Door Phones will need to dial an internal extension that is routed to external phones through ISDN.

I want to avoid the users from needing to enter 4 digit extensions such as 1005 or 1125 and have the enter a three digit number that corresponds with a unit number i.e. 001 or 125

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If, as you say, the door phone, is analogue, then, I assume it is to be connected through an ATA. You say "gateway", but that term usually refers to a trunk connection to PSTN or ISDN, etc.. Many ATA's have internal dialplans that allow full manipulation of any dialled digits. Digits can be added, removed or substituted. Some do this better (more options), than others. I have used the Cisco/Linksys ATA's over the years (so I can really only speak about them) and have found their dialplans to be very flexible.

3CX can really only manipulate digits in the outbound rules.

3. versacom

Perfect! I really did not even consider using the gateway to manipulate the Dial Patterns

For Reference it is a Grandstream GXW4224

I found the option to Prefix digits in the Profile Settings > Call Settings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.