• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Presence / BLF light permanently on

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnsuk

Reaction score
One of our phone extensions is showing as permanently 'on a call' in that the BLF light for that extension is permanently illuminated on other phones. Rebooting that phone makes no difference. Rebooting the 3CX system does and the light goes out until the phone is used again, whereby it remains illuminated after the call is terminated and never goes out.

The 'offending' phone is a SNOM 300. Other phones displaying the status are SNOM 320 and SNOM 360.

Any ideas where I may look to find a solution?

Thanks

It would be helpful if you could Install Wireshark, make a Network Capture while reproducing the issue.
Post the Pcap file on the forum so we can check it out.

OK, but how do I 'reproduce the issue'. As I write this, the BLF is on for that extension and always is. Do I just run a network capture for a period of time??

Thanks

Sorry i just read your post with more detail...

That's a first... I've never heard a problem like this.
A BLF lamp that never goes off and also causes other phone's lamps to be always be on.

Can you check to what extension that Lamp is pointing to?

I know which extension it is. It is always the same one. That extension has a SNOM 300 phone associated with it.

On 2 x Snom 360 and 1 x SNOM 320 the BLF light for that extension is on permanently. However, on one other SNOM 320 the BLF light for that extension is not on??

The SNOM phones allow a PCAP trace to be carries out. Is that any use here?
If so, which phone(s)?
-- The one which is indicating it is active
-- one that is showing the BLF light on
-- one not showing the BLF

Thanks

A bit more info:

If we remove that phone from the system by unplugging it, 3CX still says it is available, although calling that extension gets voicemail as I would expect. With the phone unplugged, the BLF light is still on for that extension on the 3 other phones, so I guess this means it is 3CX reporting this erroneous condition??

yes, version 8.

I also tried replacing the phone with a new one and the symptoms are the same, which makes me think the issue is 'server side'.

This was a bug and has been fixed in the latest release

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPhoneSystem8.exe

We installed it (Version 8.0.9908.544) and the problem was resolved.

Thanks

Paul

The last reoot of the server seems to have solved it, but I will install the update anyway. I'll report back again if it happens again.

Thanks for everyones help.

Hi Acnsuk,

We have seen this behaviour too - rebooting the server will temporarily resolve the issue, however it sounds as though development have resolved it at their end with the latest release so it sounds worthwhile to do the upgrade regardless as it will probably come back in a week or so (our recent experience with this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.