Presence call handing for users

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by go1, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. go1

go1

Looking at upgrades from V11, the users are accustomed to right click or drag and drop an active call in MyPhone. I can make this work in V12 if I allow them rights to do it to all calls, but I can't seen to find a way to enable the option for just the users own calls as is the default in MyPhone.
    Not having the option means everyone stays on V11.
    Having it for all calls for all users is asking for trouble. Users are pretty careless when they wave the mouse about.

It it possible?

Thanks

Andrew

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi go1,

The solution is simple, in the extension's rights, enable can see group calls but make sure that you have "Can perform operations on any active call to group" disabled and "can see group calls" is enabled. Then you will see that you can drag and drop only your own calls and not the calls of other extensions. If you have any further inquiries feel free to let us know.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. go1

go1

Thanks.
    I thought there would be a simple answer relating to me missing something.

Andrew

4. go1

go1

Having had a look at that now, I would have to disagree. If it did work as you said, which is pretty much the defaults, then everything would be just fine.
    Here is the problem:
    If 'Perform Operations to any call' is not selected, then no operations can be performed to any call, including your own.
    If 'Can see group calls' is not selected, you can't see your own call to do anything to it.
    If 'Show calls to group members' is not selected, you can't see your own call again.

So I was hoping in the first instance that the default behavior would allow operations to be performed on your own call.
    In the absence of that, I was hoping that not showing your call to others, or not having others viewing your call, would stop people operating on the wrong call.

It appears that the group rules work as described, but completely omit the distinction of 'Self' as part of the group rules. When you are not showing or viewing group calls, this includes yourself and no active calls ever appear.

It's V12 SP2 on Server 2012. No updates outstanding. Running on Windows 8 and Terminal Server 2008 client machines.

Unless someone knows something else, it's an 'all or nothing' access to operations in the presence panel. Not really ideal for those careless mouse operators, who will not be able to have it at all until it can just operate their calls only.

It has to go in as an upgrade to V11 tomorrow. The very users best not trusted with full access to all calls are the same ones who will have trouble using hardware for transfers. So not really an ideal situation.

5. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi go1.

Does your extension belong in multiple groups?

I have rechecked and it works as i have described to you. Enable only these rights :

1. can see group members
    2. can see group calls
    3.show presence to group members
    4. show calls to group members only.

if your extension belongs to multiple groups set these rights to for the extension in those groups as well or if the extension (or if members of one group are also members of a larger extension group set the rights in the larger extension group also)

If this does not solve your issue please feel free to let us know.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. go1

go1

The test system is very simple. There are no groups beyond the defaults.
    It's an upgrade from V11, so that may be relevant, but when the production upgrade went in yesterday, behaviour was the same as the test. The result being very few people have presence installed at all.

What you are saying is 'out of the box' you expect call handling in presence to work on users own calls as described.

What I an saying is in the field, the test system and the live system, when upgraded from V11, do not allow any presence call handling to occur to any call unless you have rights to do it to all calls. Presence does nothing more that show you status.
    No drag, no right click, nothing.

I haven't tried it with a new build. Any V12's that I'm likely to do in the short term are going to be upgrades so it's a problem. However the test and the production upgrades were completely different systems that were V11, became V12, and both show the same results. Test has a few extensions and sip trunks, production has around 40 extensions and a range of trunking options.
    If 2 different systems that worked great with MyPhone both show the same result with Presence, then it's safe to assume that every other system I upgrade will do the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.