Discussion in 'Android' started by TLA, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLA

TLA

I don't know if it's intended and how the registeration mechanics works, but is it normal that the presence status of a phone (android) that is power off is still on its last status?

In other words, an offline phone (android) still be shown as available in the presence list.

On the contrary with the windows app, it does not appear anymore in the presence list when closed. (as I expected)

2. bboydewil

Well, we have 3CX Windows clients that after closing the windows 3cx app, their statuses remain "available" even the apps are closed and their extension was registered only on that PC.

Hence, one could thing that it's not related to device (or app), rather the 3CX is not managing the status centrally and automatically.

Could someone collaborate more on this please?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello there,

Once a 3CX client (android or IOS) registers on an extension then the extension will remain registered so that Push can work.
    In other words if the extension un-registers then the incoming call would follow the busy or un-registered status and Push would not work.

For windows clients this is different. The extension will un-register after you exit the app (or power off the pc). So incoming calls will follow the busy or unregistered forwarding rule. The status of an extension can change based on different hours of a day or you can change them manually to force the calls to follow a different forwarding rule.

Marios Neophytou likes this.
  4. TLA

TLA

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I understand that an unregistered client will ring busy, and this is what I expect.

But my extensions are shown as Available while they are disconnected since saturday.
    By disconnected, I mean "Account/Disable" in "Parameters" and "Quit Ignore Push".

In this case, should my extensions not be un-registered?

5. bboydewil

Thank you for more info.

Unfortunately, in our case - status of this extension remains available in administration even if we turn the windows client off and disconnect the PC from the network. I also checked the "auto-switch" option and confirm that is turned off.

Any thoughts?

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

After the extension has been registered with a mobile client it will stay registered even you exit -ignore push or disable the account from the phone. If you want to route your calls differently then switch status from the client before turning the client off. Once you turn the client on and want to accept calls then set the status to available.

For the windows client the extension should have become un-registered if the above scenario does not apply (never registered with a mobile client). Also another reason why the extension would remain registered is if you have the "ring my mobile simultaneously" option on. that keeps the extension registered so it can ring your mobile number on incoming calls. If you want your extensions to become un-registered then disable Push by navigating to extension settings/ Phone provisioning/ Pick 3cx client and disable the Push option. Also un-check ring my mobile simultaneously.
    Auto switch is for status change, (available, away etc). those change based on the working hours, break times, public holidays or if you manually change them. Extensions being registered on un-registered does not change extension status.

7. TLA

TLA

Hi,

Thanks for your full reply. This is now 100% clear for my case.

I hope this push system will be improved so we do not have to change the android client status manually when we are out of the ipbx network.

8. bboydewil

Hi, thank you for info.

Unfortunately, we are still having issues with status not being changed when client is closed. This affects the queue, as people close their PC but they remain available and logged in queue. Extensions do have "Enable PUSH for smartphones" turned on, however none of them are using phones, they use only windows 3cx client. Also they have no mobiles and "Ring my mobile simultaneously" is turned off.

Outside of this scenario, we tried turning off one particular extension that was registered with android in past. We re-logged in on android, changed the status to away (that has been pushed correctly all across to admin and win 3cx), then we removed the app from android, changed the status on PC (windows 3cx client) to available and then turn off the 3cx client on PC. As a result: user turned offline immediately, however when we he open the app, changed the status to available and tried closing app again - status is remaining as active, no matter what. Please note, that "Enable PUSH for smartphones is turned off for this extension. I also checked the admin area when extension should have not been available, and section 'Phones' were correctly NOT displaying this extension, however section 'Extensions' was still showing this extension as available and logged in queue. I could even call that extension and it was ringing like it is available, although there is no phone attached to it. I believe that missing calls we experience in our call centre are as a result of this misbehaviour.

Can you please advise how we can ensure 100% that when people close their PC, they are:
    1. logged out of queue
    2. not available?

Also are the log files to see when & who logged in / out per day with details like what actions they used? (example: q-button used, q-manager forced log out, status change to away, phone unregistered)?

Thank you.

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I believe there is some confusion regarding statuses and what they do. Let me try and explain.
    To ensure that people log out from the queues when they close their pc they need to press the Q button or set their profile to away and have the option Log out of queues turned on. This can be found under Extension settings /forwarding rules/ Select away status.

Making the extension unregistered will not change the status of the extension or log the extension out of the queue.
    By status i mean the 5 statuses under extension settings. (Available, Away, DND, Lunch and Business trip)

However if all agents in the queue are un-registered (Red Dot in the extension tab) then the queue will play a message that there are no available agents in the queue. So make sure the extensions un-register. You can check this from the management console/ Extensions tab.
    There after the Pc switches off the extensions should turn red.

Do your extensions un-register when you close the Pc's (it could take up to 2 minutes until the registration expires)?
    If not then make sure that Push is disabled and ring my mobile simultaneously is disabled. then send a new welcome email to the users to reprovision the clients with the new settings

Fabio Colbrelli and bboydewil like this.
  10. bboydewil

Thank you for clarification. That certainly clears up the confusion.

Lastly, if agent does not log out from queue or changes status, but simply closes 3cx - does that mean that this extensions will still 'ring' until 3cx will mark it as un-registered? (those 2 minutes).

We are missing calls on daily basis (queue calls report) although we do have enough staff on queue. They are marked as not-answered and fyi: we use hunt by three random.

Fabio Colbrelli likes this.
  11. Fabio Colbrelli

Hello to all, I see that this is a big problem for all that wan't to use the mobile app and the softphone on the computer...

I know the google push service quiet a bit from other products like blackberry...

So my easy to do solution, must be developed, for 3cx would be that one, in the mobile app you got a buton that is called "End Ignore Push" or something like that I got my phone set up in german, when a person push that button the client have to send the information to the 3cx console from now on thill the next start of the app don't try to send push notification to this phone. Then when the Windows softphone gets closed by a shut down of the computer the person should shown as unrgesitered not green anymore. As soon you open the app the status have to change to green or away whatever is set in the app and by closing it normals it should stay on this status and use push, but as soon you push the button "End Ignore Push" agian it should show the extension again as unregistered.

I don't understand what's the problem to devolop this function.

Thank you for your answer

Greetings Fabio

cubewerk and TLA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.