Presence indicator Bug??

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Grooverider, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grooverider

One small issue with the V12 release.............

I have got an issue/potential bug with the presence information.

I have a user who is listed as away on the full screen presence monitor but their little dot next to their name is grey to indicate that they are offline/unregistered. On an Android client the user is showing up in the presence view as being away with the dot next to their name being amber.

This is going to get confusing for mobile users as they will be seeing people as away on their presence indicators but the users may actually not actually have any registered handsets.

Can you tell me if this is a bug? I would have thought if you have no registered handsets then the only status you can have is offline?

Gareth

2. Grooverider

Has no-one else noticed this yet?

3. Grooverider

Example of confusing presence indicators

On the left is my Android Client and it is showing Extension 202 as being away with calls going to voicemail. on the right is my windows softphone and this shows extension 202 as being offline/unregistered.

Surely these two devices should show extension 202 as offline as there are currently no registered devices to that extension number (Users pc is off and iphone is in Borneo!)

Please can one of the 3CX staff pick up on this and look into it?

Cheers

Attached Files:

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi Grooverider

when an extension is away or out of office the pbx handles the traffic so what you see there is irrelevant, the traffic stops at the pbx at that point. the only status changes that will act as a change for that status on your android client is if the extension goes to available and then deregisters. if it deregisters while it is away or out of office your android client will show the last status before exit and deregistering.
    If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. layton

I'm with Gareth on this one.

First - he isn't talking about how the PBX handles the call for the extension that is either offline or away - he's talking about display of presence status to other users and potential issues this inconsistency could cause

As an example - let's say I'm out of the office and get an email from a customer with a question I can't answer - I need to connect with John back in the office. I open up the 3CX phone on my Android device, which shows the amber presence status which indicates he's logged in but idle and thus in away status. I try giving him a quick call on the off chance he's available - which goes to VM (same behavior whether he's away or unregistered). What happens next? If I'm working off of the understanding that John is working today and just away from his desk at the moment, I'll email the customer back and let them know that I need to connect with John and as soon as he's back at his desk I'll get them their answer - which should definitely be today. But if John is really unregistered instead of away, that raises the question of whether he's in the office at all today - and that changes my response to the customer. The inconsistent presence indicators across the various 3CX apps leads to a situation where I (or anyone else) may set a customer expectation that simply isn't achievable because we were presented with inaccurate/inconsistent information. And after all, isn't one of the big selling points of an advanced PBX the fact that it includes the tools for us to provide better communication and customer service? In which case isn't it just a little ironic that the system itself would miscommunicate information that could result in a reduced customer service experience for our customers? :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.