Presence Indicator "Connecting..."

Discussion in 'Android' started by joebocop, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joebocop

Hi,

I am using a remote extension on an Android phone. Everything seems to work just fine, calls to the extension function normally, etc.

The presence indicator, however, is forever "Connecting..." followed by "Disconnected". Tapping it yields nothing at all (no menu, nothing).

Is this a firewall issue? I used Firewall Checker on the PBX server and it passed all tests successfully.

Thanks for the help!

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Google Nexus 5
    Firmware Version: [2.2 | 2.3]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Connection: 3G
    Server: External

2. joebocop

Found my answer:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/

Port 5000!

I worry about exposing the web-based management interface to the internet, though. Presence works using a VPN.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This was a bit baffling to some of us at first, and certainly a surprise when we found out that it did not work via the Tunnel. I'm pretty certain that I'm not alone in hoping that a future version of the 3Cx phone includes the ability to pass Presence information over the Tunnel rather than forwarding port 5000.

4. bduke08021

i have tried this, every device works outside the lan except the galaxy s4

5. joebocop

bduke08021, do you mean that you are forwarding port 5000 through your firewall, or that presence information is passed over the tunnel from "outside" your lan?

6. 9009

I have a similar issue. I am using 3CX V14 and have installed 3CXPhone for Android which is registered with PBX and can receive calls when a caller enters the assigned extension, but the 3CXPhone is DISCONNECTED and can NOT make calls.

I have all the required ports forwarded. (http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/ports-used/)

What can I do to fix this?

Thank you.

7. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Having been experimenting with the new V15 I went back and reinstalled V14 and was able to get the presence working correctly. So in my case the relevant additional ports to be forwarded for an Android phone are 5090 (tunnel) & 5001 (presence).
    There are however lots of other things that need configuring correctly, for example FQDN & related network settings and Android push.

FYI my 3CX server is behind a NAT router with a dynamic public IP so I'm using a DDNS provider (xxx.hopto.org) rather than a fixed public IP.

Hope this helps.

8. 9009

I have the 5001 and 5090 forwarded. I have configured FQDN and Android Push, and everything works. When a caller calls the PBX and dials the relevant Extension the 3CXPhone rings and I can answer the call and communicate. However, the 3CXPhone shows DISCONNECTED and I can NOT call out from it.

My 3CX server is also behind a NAT router with a dynamic public IP so I'm using a DDNS provider rather than a fixed public IP.

I hope I can get some help here.

Thank you.

9. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I'm presuming the mobile phone is on 3G/4G network and that you are using the tunnel (rather than WiFi on local LAN)??

10. 9009

Cjay, thank you for trying to help.

Yes, it is a 3G/4G mobile phone, but it is not Connecting with using tunnel or WiFi on local LAN. In the relevant Extension Settings, if I have the Tunnel for remote connection box checked or unchecked, I get the same problem.

I have also tried turning off the WiFi on the mobile phone to see if that will help, No difference.

11. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Have you tried with the Windows firewall off on the 3CX server? Failing that it would probably require a complete check of your 3CX network settings as sent out to the Android phone in the provisioning email to see if these match with what you expect: internal PBX address (should be local IP), external PBX address (should be DDNS), stun server (should be DDNS:5060), tunnel (port/password should match) & proxy server (probably blank). The 3CX defaults on the other parameters should be fine.

12. 9009

I uninstalled McAfee from the 3CX server and the 3CXPhone is connected. However, I don't know if it will continue to connect if I reinstall McAfee.

Even though, it is connected, when I try to make a call I get: Call Failed, Destination not found. How do I fix that?

13. Cjay

Cjay New Member

That sounds like an entirely different problem. Outbound rules perhaps?

14. 9009

Cjay, thank you for your help. I reinstalled McAfee and 3CXPhone is not connecting again. At least I know where the problem is. I would probably have to change some rules in McAfee, so to allow the 3CXPhone to connect.

15. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I meant 3CX rule not Mcafee!

16. 9009

I know that. I meant that because I reinstalled McAfee, the 3CXPhone is not connecting again, I would probably have to change some rules in McAfee to allow 3CXPhone to connect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.