• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Presence not working over bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

acolville

Customer
Reaction score
Back in version 7 (I think) the 3CX assistant arrived along with presence over bridges. It was great, worked really well.

Then MyPhone arrived and presence over bridges, at least for us, was broken.

With each version I try to see if it will work again, and so I hoped V15 (which is a great step forward - good job guys!) it might be resolved, but unfortunately not.

Setup as follows:
3 Sites with their own PBX's. Each site connected to the other via a VPN (router based). Bridges go over the VPN so are Direct

Each site has a Master and a slave bridge as follows:
PBXA (Master) -> PBXB(SLave)
PBXA (Slave) -> PBXC(Master)
PBXC (Slave) -> PBXB(Master)

On PBXA presence works fine with all three PBX's appearing in the client, but for B and C only the local extensions appear.

Bridges are all configured the same and user extneion to receive presence are configured.

Any help to finally sort this out woudl be greatly appreciated.

Yes! I have also tried removing all the users and re-adding them

I would suggest that first you enable verbose logging on the PBX where you cannot retrieve presence info and check Management Console.log

There should be an indication of what is going wrong.

Also can you confirm that you specified the correct remote host and https port?

If you still have problems send me a pm and we will see this together but please update your system to the latest build SP1.

Hi

Then I´m sorry, I dont have a clue.
On our V14 Bridge Pressence works like a charme, we currently dont have a v15 with Bridge connections.

I will enable verbose logging and see if it points to anything.

I am fairly sure everything is configured correctly - There doesnt appear to be anything different in the config for each site.

The most common mistake I have see resulting in the Presence not working over Bridges is not putting the port number if the default 80 or 443 is not used on the other end.

Now in V15 it is mandatory that you put the HTTPS port of the Remote Server, so your Bridge Presence settings should look something like this:
file.php

Attachments

• bridge_port.png
    bridge_port.png
    13 KB · Views: 743
Hi NIck,

yes this was the issue!

All working now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.