• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Presence status with 3CXPhone login status (in cti mode) and not with IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

robender469

Reaction score
Good morning,
3cx phone system of my small business have 4 extension.
Each extension is registered to the PBX with IP phone (Grandstream gxp1620) and with 3CXPhone in CTI client mode.
I noticed that interior presence is also signaled with the PC off (and therefore with 3CXPhone off), so I assumed that PBX detects the connected IP phone.
It's possible to set presence with single connection 3CXPhone software?
I hope that I have well explained you the problem,
Thank you in advance and forgive me for my bad english!!

If the GS phones have the same extension number as the 3CX client, then the status for the extension can be changed at either. The hard-phones can use a dial code whereas the soft phone uses a pull-down to change the status. Once done this signals the 3CX as to what the status for the numerical extension is and subsequently invokes the rules that were previously defined for the status selected.

I do not think that simply turning off the PC will change the status given that the hard phone is still connected. You may have the extension set to automatically change the status based upon office hours or with the option of changing the status after X minute of being idle as found in the soft-phone client.

ok .. I'll do some test , thank you!
If it works as I want, I come back to write it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.