Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Presence status with 3CXPhone login status (in cti mode) and not with IP Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by robender469, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robender469

Good morning,
    3cx phone system of my small business have 4 extension.
    Each extension is registered to the PBX with IP phone (Grandstream gxp1620) and with 3CXPhone in CTI client mode.
    I noticed that interior presence is also signaled with the PC off (and therefore with 3CXPhone off), so I assumed that PBX detects the connected IP phone.
    It's possible to set presence with single connection 3CXPhone software?
    I hope that I have well explained you the problem,
    Thank you in advance and forgive me for my bad english!!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If the GS phones have the same extension number as the 3CX client, then the status for the extension can be changed at either. The hard-phones can use a dial code whereas the soft phone uses a pull-down to change the status. Once done this signals the 3CX as to what the status for the numerical extension is and subsequently invokes the rules that were previously defined for the status selected.

I do not think that simply turning off the PC will change the status given that the hard phone is still connected. You may have the extension set to automatically change the status based upon office hours or with the option of changing the status after X minute of being idle as found in the soft-phone client.

3. robender469

ok .. I'll do some test , thank you!
    If it works as I want, I come back to write it !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.