Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Presence via Tunnel

Discussion in 'Android' started by aerocom, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aerocom

Hi Guys

I can register the 3CX softphone for Android on a Galaxy 3 via the tunnel externally OK.

But the status just keeps saying "Connecting" and the presence of the other extensions is empty.

Based on some other forum posts I forwarded port 5000 (the web management port) to our 3CX server and now it seems to work. So from this I am assuming that the Presence and Status features do not use the tunnel, can this be confirmed, and is so could you advise if this is likely to change in any future version? Ideally I would prefer not to have the web interface of our 3CX box exposed to the internet.

Thanks
    Darren

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Confirmed.

The only recourse is to use IIS and the IP filter feature to limit access to things like the management and provisioning folders.

3. aerocom

Hi Ian,

Based on some further reading, your assessment sounds correct. Thanks

I do hope this is something 3CX will consider in future versions. Having it all go via the tunnel does make things somewhat more secure.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.