• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Presence via Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerocom

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I can register the 3CX softphone for Android on a Galaxy 3 via the tunnel externally OK.

But the status just keeps saying "Connecting" and the presence of the other extensions is empty.

Based on some other forum posts I forwarded port 5000 (the web management port) to our 3CX server and now it seems to work. So from this I am assuming that the Presence and Status features do not use the tunnel, can this be confirmed, and is so could you advise if this is likely to change in any future version? Ideally I would prefer not to have the web interface of our 3CX box exposed to the internet.

Thanks
Darren

Confirmed.

The only recourse is to use IIS and the IP filter feature to limit access to things like the management and provisioning folders.

Hi Ian,

Based on some further reading, your assessment sounds correct. Thanks

I do hope this is something 3CX will consider in future versions. Having it all go via the tunnel does make things somewhat more secure.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.