• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Present different caller IDs on different trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

way

Platinum Partner
Reaction score
Hello

I have 2 VoIP providers which both have their own unique DID for each extension. I'm wanting an extension to present caller ID 1 to VoIP provider 1 and caller ID 2 to provider 2 but can't see a way of doing this. I can set a single outbound caller ID in the extension settings, but there doesn't seem to be a way to add a second one. None of the extensions will have the same DID for either VoIP provider.

Is there a way of presenting separate outbound DID's for each extension on both trunks? Caller ID reformatting seems like it might work, but also seems like for a lot of extensions would be very tedious and fiddly to troubleshoot if an extension or DID changes.

Thanks for the help :)

Chris

If I understand your question correctly, create a second VOIP Provider and put the second line Caller ID in it, then create a new Outbound Rule for the second extension so it uses the new second VOIP Provider.

I'm not sure that many uses have two different DID numbers for each extension, consequently, this may not be easy to do.

So...when you call out over one provider, you want one DID to show, if you call over the other, you want a different DID to be sent.

Are (at least) the last 3 or 4 digits of the DID number the same with each provider?

Hopefully someone has had a similar requirement, and made it work.

You cant set the outbound config on each voip provider to push a static Caller ID Number when that provider is used for any extension that uses that provider.

Thank you for your replies.

I have one DID per extension for one VoIP provider and a second for the second. E.g. for 10 extensions that would be 20 DIDs and 2 VoIP providers.

The last few digits aren't really related so no easy way out there :S

Since it's only 2 DIDs I was tempted to set the display name on the Yealink phones to the second trunk DID and set the outbound caller ID in the management console to the first DID and change the outbound parameters for CID to 'CallerDisplayName' and 'OutboundCallerID' respectively but the Yealink phone DID does not seem to take properly.

The parameter relating to CID in both providers is 'Remote Party ID - Calling party: User Part'.

Notwithstanding and limitations that the VoIP provider may have, I don't think the 3CX system will support a the use of a varied outbound CID based upon the inbound provider.

By this I mean that while you have a single extension that is getting 2 different DID routed to it on the inbound, there is the question of how you intend to route the outbound. Some providers will not allow the use of a unrecognized CID on their outbound trunks. This may imply that you will need to specify the route with a dial code (9,8 etc.). But even then, there is no way to associate 2 CIDs to a given extension seamlessly.

If you are using a softphone, you might be able to manually change the CID to suite your needs for every call that needs it. However, this does require a fairly savvy person to maintain the routine. You might be better off creating multiple extensions within each phone and then assigning the unique DID/CID to each extension which would also allow you to specify the outbound route without having a need for a route code.

Yes, it will be a pain to set up in 3CX and then having to manually provision the phones for the second account, but for the most part it is a one time task if things remain relatively stable. For all intents and purposes, you could still have all the calls routed to the first extension and simply use the second extension to make calls out with the desired alternative CID when needed.

I have the same situation. Is there a new feature that will allow me to have one extension and apply different Outbound CID when making calls out thru different VoiP Providers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.