Press 1 for ... Not being recognized

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jgrathwohl, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jgrathwohl

When we make calls, it works fine for most everyone I know of, except ...
    A local government office for Building Codes permits we call in.

When we push the button for the menu option, it just repeats the menu options again as it isn't recognized. Would this be a codec issue? I was recently informed about this by the users

2. Jgrathwohl

Tried a bunch of codecs, same issue. Calling from my Cell Phone the menu system works, but not with the 3cx

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of outgoing trunking do you use, PSTN gateway, ISDN gateway, VoIP provider?
    Are all of the phones you are calling from, the same model, or have you tried various sets? How the DTMF method is specified, in the set, might have something to do with the issue, however, I would suspect that you'd be having problems with more than just one destination.

4. bmcdevitt

Changing DTMF to "INBAND" on the phones of the users reporting this issue fixed it. I didn't apply to all users because I was told INBAND has more issues than the default DTMF.

-Ben

5. Jgrathwohl

Thanks, the DTMF problem is still a mystery. Soon as i put a ticket in to the SIPTrunk provider so they could run a trace it started working. Everyone is OOO for Lunch so i will try again when more than one line is in use at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.