• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Prevent users from being able to login or out of call queue's on 3CX phone

r.towle

Reaction score
Is there a way to prevent users from being able to login or out of call queue's on 3CX phone?

Users dont have access to the 3cx console, so they cant login / logout from there, but there an option in 3CX phone to allow users to login / logout of queue's

Can this be disabled from admin console some where?

Upvote 13
I'm not certain (perhaps you could clarify), the reason for preventing the person actually sitting at the desk, from logging in and out. The general behaviour, in queues, is, if a call to one agent goes UN-answered for X number of rings/seconds, that set is automatically logged out to prevent further calls from reaching the same fate. So, if someone leaves their desk, and is unable to logout, a caller may be sent to their set, then back to the queue.. Is it to prevent users from logging into the wrong queue?

I could , perhaps, see it "working" in a situation where people are chained to the desk, or have to raise their hand to use the bathroom, but I would hope that they are not in a position such as that. :)

We operate an IT support desk and we have staff who are at the desk working - but they "choose to decide they are too busy" to answer an incoming call they have started logging them selves out of the queue.

Management have already made comments that staff should always remain logged in to the queue, but some still log out.

The idea is that no call ever goes un-answered..... and some people "ignore" the phone rather than answering it and taking a message.

r.towle said:
we have staff who are at the desk working - but they "choose to decide they are too busy" to answer an incoming call they have started logging them selves out of the queue.

It almost sounds like a situation where a ring group might be e better fit.

The problem with ring groups is that you then get "X missed calls" on the phone's - which is annoying - and the call is not "missed" if some one else answered it....

We have clients that would rather not give agents the ability to log themselves In/Out of queues individually. They also don't want agent's to have access to all the information provided by the 3CX phone i.e. QueueManager, Receptionist, UserOne Call Centre has 8 queues, and the agents have no problem loggin out of a busy queue when they don't feel like taking calls.

We have had to start overriding this and similar "offences" by using the CallControl and 3CX Phone API.

Please take a moment and check this related question - http://www.3cx.com/forums/management-console-disallowing-use-of-3cxphone-45525.html

Thanks!

Had a customer trialling 3CX for 20 sites specifically request this feature again today.

Tertius, are you saying that you can change how 3CX Phone works such that they cannot log out of the queues? If so, I would like to hear more about what you did.

The only option I can think of is to detect the logout event (if that is even possible) and then force them back into the queue. I know we can force them back into the queue using the Call Control API. If we can't detect the logout, we could (yuck) poll the queue every few seconds and log in anyone who is supposed to be logged into the queue.... but how do you determine who should be logged in? What if one of the agents went home sick, or is on vacation, etc. We can't even assume that because their presence is "Available" that they actually are available... that would be one challenge to overcome.

If everone need this, a customer whanted this but without the presence control, here is my little Script:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using TCX.Configuration;
using TCX.PBXAPI;
using System.Threading;

namespace OMSamples.Samples
{
[SampleCode("fix_dn_to_queues")]
[SampleParam("arg1", "Specifies extension number")]
[SampleDescription("Shows how to drop calls on specific extension using Call Control API")]
class fix_dn_to_queues : ISample
{
public void Run(params string[] args)
{
PhoneSystem ps = PhoneSystem.Root;
string[] extensions = new string[] { "" };

string queue = args[2];

int arg_number = 0;
foreach (string arg in args)
{
arg_number = arg_number + 1;
if (arg_number == 2)
{
extensions = arg.Split(',');
}
if (arg_number == 3)
{
queue = arg;
}
}
while (true)
{
foreach (string extension in extensions)
{
foreach (DN dn in PhoneSystem.Root.GetDN())
{
if (extension.Equals(dn.Number))
{
string logged_in_queues = dn.GetPropertyValue("LOGGED_IN_QUEUES");
Console.WriteLine("Loggedindd " + dn.Number + " " + logged_in_queues);
dn.SetProperty("LOGGED_IN_QUEUES", queue);
Extension ext = ps.GetDNByNumber(extension) as Extension;
ext.QueueStatus = QueueStatusType.LoggedIn;
ext.Save();
dn.Save();
}
}
}
Thread.Sleep(5000);
}

}
}
}

Implement this into the omsamples example and run omsamples with the follow paramenter:
fix_dn_to_queues "001,002",003" "100"
001 - 003 = Extension Number
100 = Queue

In this Script the User will be only Logged in to Queue, he can set another presence to logout. When this is needed also this is a little work.The user can logout from queue but the Script will he login back.

Last edited:
Lukas,
Thanks for the script, I'm going to try that!

Yes, for contact center environments, it is essential that the supervisor can chosse if yes or no, an agent is able to login/logout from a queue himself. Just adding this possibility in the "rights" section of an extension even if it's a Pro or Enterprise functionnality.
I have had severals client requests about that.

Thanks !

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.