Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Previous version

Discussion in 'Windows' started by matthijsolislagers, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Hi,

Can I download the previous ( 5.0.4034 ) version of the VOIP client anywhere. I need it becouse the latest build doesn't run on Terminal Server.

Thanks.

2. darrellchapman

matthijsolislagers,

I'm sorry this is not an answer to your post but can you please explain advantages to running the client in TS? I mean, do you have multiple users logging in to a single TS and running applications, or are you talking about individual connections to Remote Desktop? I'm interested to know how this is working out.

Also, what's the audio delivery like in TS? In my experience audio has a lot of quality and latency problems in TS. Are you not having any trouble?

Thanks so much for your advice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. matthijsolislagers

All users are working on a terminal server. There are no desktops, just thin clients. This makes management and remote working easier.

I'm using the VOIP client in desk phone mode. Wich allows users to dial directly from Outlook. Audio goes via the desk phone. There are indead lot's of audio quality problems in TS. I don't think you could make a phone call that way.

The latest VOIP client build allows only one instance running. The second instance on a terminal server shuts down immidiatly. Thats why I would like to return to the previous version for now.

4. darrellchapman

Thanks for the info matthijsolislagers. I appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me. That's very interesting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. matthijsolislagers

6. mandev

He is right but why would you want it how do you use a remote Microphone with TS? What about the load on the server of say 10 phone streams?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.