Pricing - Exchange rates - Mark-up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scottyork, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottyork

Did I imagine it or until recently could I buy a licence directly from 3CX?

I ask because the UK resellers I've had pricing from so far are adding a significant mark-up in the currency conversion to UK Pounds - over 15% on figures I have at the moment.

My business does significant volumes of business in USD and EUR so I know well the actual costs of conversion. 15% is steep for immediate payment (when there is no exchange rate risk).

Is there a UK Pounds recommend price issued by 3CX?

2. scottyork

It seems the difference is caused by buying at the Euros price for the UK. I assumed that resellers would buy in the cheapest currency (which for us in the UK would be US dollars - by about 15%!). :eek:

The joys of currency movements! :roll:

3. Mori

Mori New Member

As long as you have a Partner in UK i do believe you have to do business with them and not directly from 3CX.
    We have not recieved any guidelines from 3CX, at the moment, about pricing .
    Only from our distributor.
    These are prices we are bound to follow, so in my ears 15% sounds like its to much.
    Have you tried refering to the recommended pricing from 3cx website?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

There is no mark up at all by our UK distributor.

Just in case you are not aware, the USD price has been rapidly over the past few months. We can not keep decreasing our prices. Considering UK prices a 15% differnece in price is very acceptable and reasonable. All Customers, including UK, except North America and South America must purchase in Euros.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. scottyork

Nick,

Thanks for clearing that up. It's a great product and the pricing (in either currency) looks pretty good to me.

Was worried there was a back-door margin being added.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.