Prioritized Hunt Ring Group and Away Status

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianlgrimm, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianlgrimm

I have a hunt group configured for Prioritized Hunt. I assumed that if a person set their status to Away, then the hunt would skip their extension and move to the next. However, their extension still rings for the ring time specified. I checked the Custom Parameters, and "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" is set to 0, so it should be looking at the PBX status.

Is this expected behavior?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well, yes and no.

If the call comes in from a ring group then consider the call as being owned by the system (my terminology) as it tends to overlook the status aspect of a given extension. My take on the issue is that given how the system is currently programmed, the fear is that if the system were to look at the status, then the handling rules would come into play and possibly send the ring group call to Vmail or any other setting that might be set by the user.

The status and rules are indeed observed if the call is simply a call not associated to a ring group. They will observe the status' set and forward accordingly.

The issue from my perspective is that it would require added programming to know that the call is a ring group call and to check the status and if set to anything other than "available", ignore the call forwarding rules and instead send to the next person in the hunt group.

One theory I have heard is that the current implementation (assumed to be correct) allows those who might want to direct non-ring group calls to Vmail or other so as to ensure that the ring group calls are given their full attention. I guess this may have merit for some who want to ensure personal calls and the like get handled elsewhere.

As it stands today, I get around the issue by using DND, which tells the system that the extension is busy and it moves on to the next. Works well and no issue other then getting the folks to set and unset accordingly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.