Priority Alerting / Distinctive Ring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fyerman01, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fyerman01

I have a new install at a police dispatch center. I am running into a roadblock trying to figure out the best way to do this. They want to have distinctive ringing for their incoming "emergency" calls as opposed to their normal business calls. The only way I can brainstorm to do this is to setup two extensions on the phones with the emergency incoming calls going to the second extension with a different ringtone. I would prefer to be able to do this through priority alerting but can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Any suggestions?

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Although it's a pain because you can't auto-provision the 2nd extension, we have found that having a second extension assigned to the phone, and using a different and distinctive ring-tone works best.

This also allows you to have different dynamics for incoming calls e.g. you can group the second extensions and leave the primary extension as unique to that user. That way it is very easy for a user to determine the difference between call types - both auido and visually.

Best regards ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

The other thing that's relevant - depending on the phone type - is the 3CX Distinctive Ring. We use Cisco SPA504G and Yealink T22p/T26P phones ... On these types, it is possible to get a different ring tone on the same extension number, depending on whether the call comes directly to the extension, from a queue, or from an IVR (Auto-Attendant).

I don't know if that will help however, as in your case I'm sure you won't want the Emergency call routed to your phones via IVR or queue!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.