• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Priority Queue Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSlocum

Customer
Reaction score
We want to have a queue where some agents ring only if all other agents are busy. It would be like the first five agents get calls while an additional two agents get calls (and their phone rings) only if the first five are busy. Similar to hunt by threes prioritized except hunt by five. We had originally tried it with two queues but the "transferring call" message was confusing to customers.

I'm wondering if priority queues would solve this problem. If I created a priority queue with the first five agents and a secondary, non-priority queue, how would calls be handled? Would they always ring into the priority queue unless all agents in it are busy, then start ringing into the secondary queue?

If you want to still use two queues and get rid of the transferring call message just replace the please_hold.wav file that is located in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\ then search for your file. Replace it with a file with the same name with just a second of silence. I had the same issue with the queue transferring and going to a general message and this was my work around. Please note that you will have to restart the services for it to pick up the new .wav file. I just restarted all of them instead of figuring out which specific service handled the audio files.

That may work, but I'd like some more information on the priority queue option and how it behaves. There isn't much documentation on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.