PRIVACY OPTION IN IVR FOR SELECTING EXTENSIONS

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Eurylink, Jan 26, 2017.

PRIVACY OPTION IN IVR FOR SELECTING EXTENSIONS 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. Eurylink

Eurylink New Member

Currently 3CX has a huge shortage than other PBX. It is a level of security deficiency understood as privacy. From any IVR you can direct compose not only all extensions in the PBX, but also all virtual extensions of the system !

This is a large gap from the security point of view and privacy.
    I know we can completely disable this feature but it is not sufficient as it would be disabled on each trunk.

All PBXs Asterisk based and big competitors (I will not list the names of them) provide a filter on the type of extension selectable from the IVR and for every single trunk. They also provide the ability to disable the IVR on a single trunk if it is necessary, but also the ability of filtering selectable extensions.

For each trunk should be possible to select:
    1) If you enable or disable the direct selection of interior
    2) If you disable the selection of special extensions with separated option for queues, hunt groups, voice mail ...etc
    3) Enable or disable extension of the specific users (the boss might want that his own extension number can not be dialed from the outside calls)

This deficiency in 3CX has been subject to much criticism by client companies of relevant importance in Italy. This resulted in bad publicity for the product in addition to the lost sales in favor of a competing product.
    I believe that this deficiency should be remedied as soon as possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    bdarcyevans likes this.
  2. TimWinkle