Problem after change sip provider

Discussion in 'Windows' started by andy1805, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy1805

Hi,
    we have the 3cx v.11 on a windows 7 vm on a hp esxi server. Everything went fine till i changed today the tel. provider. I changed the values for hostname and proxy for perhaps 10 numbers of Voip Provider (every number its own config) and also put in the authentication password because the old provider didn't need one but sipcall needs it.
    After i tried the first time, there came an audio message "Password incorrect" and nothing worked inbound and outbound. Then I saw in the settings-->advanced-->Authentication required "No auth. required" and i changed to "inbound and outbound auth"( the old provider didnt need auth, but the new one needs).After that the numbers registrated at sipcall and I could call inbound. But if s.o. tries to call outside there comes still the message "Password incorrect". Because the 3cx is new for me i have no idea where to search the solve this prob. Has s.o. an idea and please excuse my bad english.
    Regards Andy

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may want to use an ATA, or other stand alone SIP device and try getting basic "service" working with the provider. That would confirm that the credentials you are attempting to use, both user name, and password, are correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.