Problem after upgrading from v14 to v15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stephan Heyer, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephan Heyer

Hi,

we recently upgraded our system from v14 to v15.5.9348.3 and have a problem with very high CPU usage from the "3CX PhoneSystem 01 Queue Manager Server" Service. When we look in the Windows application event log, we get several 100 messages / sec with this error message:

ERROR: value too long for type character varying(255)
    STATEMENT: insert into callcent_queuecalls (q_num,time_start,time_end,ts_waiting,ts_polling,ts_servicing,ts_locating,count_polls,count_dialed,count_rejected,count_dials_timed,reason_noanswercode,reason_failcode,reason_noanswerdesc,reason_faildesc,call_history_id,q_cal,from_userpart,from_displayname,to_dialednum,to_dn,to_dntype,cb_num,call_result) VALUES($1,$2,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7,$8,$9,$10,$11,$12,$13,$14,$15,$16,$17,$18,$19,$20,$21,$22,$23,$24)

Did anybody experience already this problem and what can we do to stop this?

Thank you for helping :)

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Stephan Heyer

Do you have queues that loop back to the same queue? If so then the value becomes greater the 255 characters and the info cannot be written in the database and the result is this error and the high CPU usage.

3. Stephan Heyer

Hi, I've checked all our queues what the "Destination if now answer" is configured. They are not set to the same queue but partly to other queues. (See Image below)

What we have is, that some queue Agents are redirecting their calls into the queue they are member of, without logging out of this specific queue. Can this also cause the issue? And if yes, how can I prevent that user "misconfiguration" on their phone is killing the server?
    upload_2018-3-7_15-14-5.png

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This could cause the issue if the overflow of the queues causes the name to be greater than 255 characters. Please navigate to Contacts / Options and set the option "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID" to "Do not add" and see if that stops the error from generating. I would recommend restarting the services as well after the change to clear the logs. If the error stops that would mean that the issue is indeed the one i mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.