Problem Downloading

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nanoman, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanoman

Hi,
    I am trying to download the 3cx for Windows but when i do and start the wizard the following error appears:

"The specified port is in use: 5060 (TCP)"

Then:
    The 3cx PhoneSystem Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error"

Can anyone help me install it?

Thanks

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Something is listening on port 5060, to check what application is, follow this (copy/paste from 3cx blog):

The port that is needed for this test is currently in use by another application installed on this computer. To determine the process that is listening on the specified port, run the following command in command prompt:

netstat -ano | findstr /I /C:"PID" /C:":5060"

Replace 5060 with the port that you need to check. You will find the process id of the process that is listening on the specified port in the PID column. Use this number to identify the process by using Task Manager or by running the following command in command prompt:

tasklist /fi "pid eq 4"

Replace 4 with the PID identified previously.

3. nanoman

I think the message appears because i am using another softphone. I am not happy with my current softphone and want to try 3CX. Do i have to delete it before i can install 3CX?

Thanks

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

if your softphone is already using 5060 then delete it. (you can test that with post above). Then you shoul not have any problems with installing 3cx

5. nanoman

Ok i deleted my old softphone and now it has installed. However now i have a major problem: I cannot undertsand any of it.

I am not a teckie, i just need the computer phone to answer calls for my small business. I have gone through the user guide to set it up but dont understand any of it. Is there an idiots guide somewhere. All i want is a dial pad so i can make calls however i have been sent to a page: http://localhost:5000/management which has thousands of options and i cannot see how i make a call. And how do i get my number even set up, i was not asked my phone number in the wizard.

Please help :)

6. nanoman

I have just discovered a different download: https://www.3cx.com/voip/softphone/

I downloaded this and a little phone popped up. I filled in the details by right clicking the phone and entering details in the Account section however Authentication failed. Any idea why?

And do i just ignore what i did previously on http://localhost:5000/management

7. nanoman

Hi Mixig,

Ok, all good. I am now hooked up to the softphone and can make and receive calls.

Can you explain what all the details on the following page are: http://localhost:5000/management/MainForm.wgx

Should i be using this at all?

Tks

8. mixig

mixig Active Member

3cx phone system is a PBX (server) and 3cx phone is a softphone (client), http://localhost:5000/management is web access to 3cx PBX. Are you trying to register 3cx softphone with 3cx PBX or with some outside voip provider?

9. nanoman

Hi Mixig,

We have a VOIP provider set up and phone number. SO we need a softphone to use it.
    We are a small company with a phone number for customer calls. We got rid of our landline and set up as VOIP instead. We would like the 3 computers we have to be able to use the softphone. So when the number rings any of us can answer. And of course any of us can call out also.

Can we do this from just installing the softphone on each computer?

Do i need to install the PBX? Who exactly is the PBX for? Large companies who want extensions, conference calls etc.?

Best Regards

10. mixig

mixig Active Member

if you have one account then you install 3cx pbx on dedicated server and create sip trunk (3cx will be registered with voip provider). next thing you shall do is create 3 extension on 3cx PBX. After that you will connect (register) your softphones to 3CX. and you will call from softphone through 3cx pbx ->voip provider. for incoming calls you can setup that all 3 softphone ring at the same time (ring group). First read the 3cx manual then go forward.

Look into the 3cx is your provider supported, if it is you can use predefined template in 3cx.

11. nanoman

I presume the softphone I have downloaded is free but to set up with the PBX I have to pay. Is that correct?

12. mixig

mixig Active Member

There are FREE licence with 4 simultaneous calls (no advanced feature), and DEMO licence with all features but only 2 simultaneous calls. And yes, softphone is free.

13. nanoman

Hi Mixig,

I am having a problem with the 3cx softphone on my PC. It was working for the first few days but not anymore. I can make calls using it but when i try to call it, it does not ring. It says 'On Hook' so seems to be working. From the phone i use to call it i can here it ringing and then going to answering machine (set up on my VOIP provider). Any ideas why the 3cx softphone will not show that someone is calling ?

Best Regards

Nan

14. mixig

mixig Active Member

Try incoming call again from outside and see the logs in 3cx and wireshark, if you have another PC try to install softphone with the that same extensions which is on softphone right now. Does incoming call even get to the 3CX??? I thnik that incoming call didnt even get to the 3cx. Have you tried local calls (incoming) to your 3cx softphone on PC?

15. nanoman

I just called it from a mobile phone and it rang so now it is working. So i presume it was just a temporary error. Do you know if this can happen a lot? The trouble is there is no way of knowing if it is working. It says 'On Hook' always but maybe some of the time it will not be picking up incoming calls?

16. mixig

mixig Active Member

I assume that this problem is not connected with softphone, i am guessing that the problem is on provider side or provider - 3cx pbx side, you can check trunk register status on 3cx, maybe in that time when incoming call was made trunk was not registered with provider, from 3cx console: 3cx phone system->Remote Connections, or check the logs 3cx server event log to see if there were some unregister period for your trunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.