Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

problem entering smtp address

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wil, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wil

wil

Hi

I did a quick search and was unable to find anything here.

Basically, I am evaluating 3cx in a sandbox enviroment, during setup I mistyped the SMTP server address as internal1r

It installed fine and I went to the administration page and tried typing internal1

Every time I press enter or ok, smtp server just turns red and I get a popup saying that the smtp server is invalid

I have tried various other things such as mail.internal1 mail.internal1:25 (both invalid, but I was just testing), internal1:25 (which should work), however I could not get any combination to work!

Just hoping someone can help me!

Thanks

2. tab

tab

hi,
    Does anything else application apply this smtp server?

tab

3. wil

wil

Hi

The address internal1 is the valid SMTP server that everything else uses fine..

.. from the same machine "telnet internal1 25" connects and works just fine.

4. tab

tab

You should try to apply simple static ip address.

tab

5. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member

Good thinking tab, going by IP is a good workaround.

Going by FQDN internal1.contoso.com (if contoso.com was your domain) should also work too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.