Problem of pickup calls with SNOM phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SB67, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB67

Hello,
    I’m using the latest version (v6.1793) of 3CX Pro edition (16 calls) with a SNOM 370, 320 and 300 phones (FW 7.3.7 - 14671).
    We have two line sources. One is SIP trunk and the other GXW4104 .
    Mainly the system working well except:
    1. pickup call
    Trying to pickup call (that ring in other extension or ring group), putting the call in HOLD.
    For example:
    If I’m on EXT-101 and I like to pickup call from EXT-102, I need to dial 76 (our pickup call code) and then to press ‘V’ on the SNOM.
    On the 3CX admin monitor I can see the call transfer to EXT-101, but in EXT-101 I hear nothing.
    I need to press HOLD and then to select the call from the HOLD list and then to press ‘V’ again.
    2. Incoming calls from the GXW4104
    The incoming calls route to digital reception.
    When the caller makes the selection, the phone is ringing but when we are pickup up the phone we have no audio.
    We have found that the incoming call goes to HOLD and we need to press HOLD (or transfer) and then to resume the call.
    If we redirect the incoming call to extension (or ring group) we have no problem to pickup the call.

I have tried everything for few days now without success to get it working.
    Have someone can help me with that?

Thanks
    Shay

2. SB67

New information,
    I have tried it now with 3cx softphone and it's looks the same (pickup call put the call to HOLD).
    But I have found out that it's happns only on callse that came in via Digital Receptionist.
    If I remove the Digital Receptionist and direct the calls to extention or ring group, I have no problem to pickup the call from any other extension.

looks to my like a BUG in the 3CX system.

Shay

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you bind the snom to media server? Should work. This is an sdp negotiation problem - thats why you don't have audio.

pressing hold and resume will re-invite with sdp again - thats why you hear audio.

Can you check by binding the phone to MS?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SB67

Thanks for replay 'nickybrg'

1. What do you mean by "bind the snom to media server"?
    2. Now I know that this happen not only with SNOM phones, but also with 3CX Softphone.

Shay

5. Resolve

Interesting - this is precisely the same problem we have with call pickup into a ring group and then transfer out. What we didn't know was that hold/resume would actually work around it - thanks Shay.

PBX delivers audio didn't solve the problem though, sadly.

Tim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SB67

I have tried the whole options between:
    - PBX Delivers Audio
    - Supports Re-Invite
    - Supports 'Replaces' header

But we still have the same problem.

7. dmcomputing

Hi

I have just installed 3CX for a client today (3CX Ver 6.1, Snom phones all upgraded to Ver 7.x firmware, Patton 4554 G/W) and seem to have very similiar problems, eg.

1. Call pickup of incoming calls received via DR require hold / unhold to activate audio correctly.
    2. Incoming calls via DR where caller dialled a specific extension cannot hear the caller until the call is cycled through hold/unhold.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this in Ver 6 or will it require an upgrade to Ver 7.

Des

8. SB67

Some update about this problem up to now.
    3CX support working with me about it.
    Up to now, it's look that removing the "Record call" options from all extension fixed the problem.
    For us, the option to record all calls is must and we are waiting for 3CX support in order to fix it.
    I will continue to update here about the progress.

Shay

9. dmcomputing

I have sorted the audio problems with dialling extensions directly via Digital Receptionist outlined in my previous post. Removing the Supports reinvite and Support 'replaces' header in the Gateway Properties of the Patton Gateway in 3CX seems to have solved this (these settings seem to cause lots of audio problems).

However, we still have the call-pick up problems for calls routed via DR. This seems to happen regardless of whether the incoming call is via the Patton gateway from a pstn line or via a VOIP provider. I find it hard to understand why this type of issue is not picked up through testing by 3CX prior to release.

Des

10. Charles Jim

Well, I guess you can send email to the technical department of 3CX about your problem. I am sure they can help how to setup rightfully. Good luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.