Problem recording prompts using phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by noord, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noord

Running 15.5 SP3, I'm facing this issue.
    In the management console, there are several options where a prompt can be recorded (eg. for the intro prompt, voicemail etc).
    When I select record and an extension, that phone rings and the voice says 'please record a message after the beep and press hash/pound when done' (translated from Dutch, so it might say something a little different in English). Then you say what you want and press hash/pound. Sometimes the voice then says 'to store, press 0, to listen press 2 etc' and that is how it should be.
    But, about 70% of the time the voice then says 'there are no recordings/messages' and then hangs up, in that case the prompt hasn't been recorded...

This has nothing to do with the length of the message recorded, and there is nothing in the log files indicating any kind of error. And in 30% of the times it works without issue.
    I'm now working around this by dialling the voicemail and selecting 'change welcome message' and recording it that way, the prompt is stored fine then and I can download it from the voicemail-page in the management interface and then upload it again where I do need it, but this is a bit cumbersome.
    What could be wrong here?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @noord

Is the server local or remote? Is it installed on Windows or Linux? What type of phones are you using? How are the phones provisioned to the PBX?

3. noord

Thanks for your reply.
    The system is being hosted on Linux (OVH) and the extensions are remote (no tunnel or SBC). I'm using Fanvil and Yealink phones and they are provisioned in the official manner and work fine otherwise.
    It really seems to be the system itself that is not functioning properly - there is also nothing in the logs that indicates the error and the recording process itselfs seams to go fine, but after pressing pound the system just states 'there are no recordings' instead of offering the menu 'to save, press 0' etc.
    And the strange thing is, it doesn't always fail, just in about 70% of the cases. The work-around by recording the prompts via voice mail, does work always.

4. Jeremy Bero

I ran into this exact issue today - Windows Server 2016, Yealink T42S phones. No other issues reported. v15.5.9348.3

5. Jeremy Bero

Make that two affected 3CX systems we manage (same basic configuration and versions) - didn't seem to happen until upgrading to SP3.

Tried rebooting entire Windows server - did not help.

6. Jeremy Bero

(Onsite PBX, Windows, Yealink T4x, Local LAN provisioning)

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Jeremy Bero

Do your recordings also work from the voicemail menu but not from the management console?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.