Problem registering GXP2000

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wkdown, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wkdown

I have been asked to set up a small VoIP system for my company. I have little to no experience in this field, so please respond in laymans terms. I have connected a GXP-2000 to the server running 3CX. I set up an extension for the phone, and edited the info as required http: //www.3cx.com/sip-phones/GrandStreamGXP-2000.html including matching up the Authenticate ID and Password. When I check the line status, I am told the line is 'Not Registered'. Being that we are using the free version of 3CX to see how we like it, I can't contact support. I was hoping someone in the forum could assist.

Also, I know this isn't strictly 3CX-related, I am having a problem with the GXP2000 control panel. It's not loading the web pages correctly, or I should say completely. It seems since it is coming from the phone, maybe I have a firmware problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

2. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Hello sir, you can find the latest firmware for your phone here

http://www.grandstream.com/firmware.html

Please make sure you update the firmware first.

Also please make sure you have made the account active.

Also make sure that there is no firewall on the machine that has 3cx installed. Or if there is , please open up the necessary ports described in the 3CX manual, which can be found here

http://www.3cx.com/support/

Let me know if after this you still have problems.

3. cjammer

cjammer New Member

You are having the same problem I had with one of my GXP-2000 phones.

You need to do two things two it to make it work correctly.

1) look in the manual for the phone and do a Factory Reset on it. you have to follow them exactly or it wont work.

2) check the firmware version. it needs to be 1.1.1.14 - I think I got the right number of ones in there.

After that the phone has worked correctly on the local network.

One other thing that I had a problem with was having DHCP assign an IP to the phone. I set my phones to static IPs and that helped cure some other problems. I think that was caused bay a local network issue. I did not have the same problem on my home network.

4. wkdown

The factory reset worked for both the GXP2000 and HT488. Thanks alot

5. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Great!! Make sure you do the Firmware too. follow the link above.

My phones, and others here, would unregister at the time in the config and would not re-register till the phone was rebooted.

6. wkdown

If you wouldn't mind, could you tell me how to do this? I used the phone's menu to go to CONFIG > UPGRADE > FIRMWARE SERVER but it does nothing. I'm assuming I need to change the URL here? (I am on v 1.1.1.5)

Actually, I got the PROGRAM to 1.1.1.14 but the BOOT LOADER is still at 1.1.1.5 Is this fine? Or does it need to be upgraded also?

7. cjammer

cjammer New Member

You should be all set with those versions.

Have you gotten the HT-488 to work yet?

8. wkdown

I believe I have. We are not using softphones yet, so I linked a normal phone to it and I was able to get an external line. But this could just be that its only passing through to device.

9. cjammer

cjammer New Member

Good, Sounds like you are going well now.

10. wkdown

Well I do have a diff problem...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=950