Problem Setting UP SPA3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alan2010iq, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan2010iq

Dear all,

I have set up a SPA3102 gateway with 3CX system. It is connected to an analogoue PSTN line with two numbers on the same cable pair connected to the SPA3102 line port, i.e. DIDs. To make it easier to understand, one number is 3132378 and the other is 110. It works fine with the first one and I can received calls and dial out numbers. However, when I dial in to the second number, 110, the SPA3102 does not sense the ring, i.e. the PSTN indicator in the 3CX console does not go yellow as if there is no incoming call on that line. However, when I connect that line with a telephone set, it rings and I can receive call on the second line, i.e. 110. Also, in the SPA3102 web console, the SPA3102 senses the ring on the gateway PSTN side but it does not pass it on to the 3CX system.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help me solve this problem.

Thanks very much.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Not too sure what you mean by this. The "LINE" jack (FXO) on the 3102 goes to your incoming phone line, one phone number , unless you subscribe to an additional incoming number on the same line that will ring in with a different cadence. The "Phone" jack (FXS) of the 3102 is to allow you to provision an extension off of 3CX.

Where are you dialing this from, another 3CX extension? Because that won't ring in through the FXO port of the 3102. It will ring the phone plugged into the FXS port if that is extension 110.

If the 3102 isn't passing on incoming calls, go back and check your settings in the PSTN tab, particularly the two settings involving dialplan 8 . Thee could be a port mismatch as well, make sure that the port number is that same in the PSTN settings of the 3102 and the trunk setting in 3CX.

3. alan2010iq

Thanks for the reply.

Let me be more clear. Both numbers are PSTN numbers NOT Extenstions, i.e both numbers are configured from the PSTN Telco provider to ring on the same pair. One number is regular PSTN number and the other is a short code [110] like the numbers assigned to emergency services...etc. So I am subscribed to two numbers of the same cable pair, I think it is called "pair gain". In other words, there are two PSTN numbers assigned to the same one cable pair that goes into the PSTN or Line port of the SPA3102 and EXTERNAL calls are supposed to be received on the PSTN port of the SPA3102. So, that cable pair which is connected to the LINE port of the SPA3102 when conncted separately to a telephone set, it rings when calls are received on any of the two numbers. However, when connected to the SPA3102 and externals calls are dialed in to the first number, which is a regular telephone number, the SPA3102 pass that on to the FXS side and the 3CX system and it works well and can be forwarded to any extension of digital receptionist....etc, but when calls received on the short code [110] PSTN number, the SPA3102 does not pass the ring to the FXS side. I think it may be a line voltage, signaling problem from the service provider which requires setting adjustment of the SPA3102 or something related to the "cadence" but I do not really know how to go about it.

Thanks

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That very well may be it. When you have a regular phone plugged in (so you can actually hear the ringing) how different is the ring pattern? The 3102 may not be detecting the ring. I haven't , myself, used the 3102 with anything other than a standard ring pattern incoming. There are a number of settings in the PSTN Line tab/international Control. You can try changing some of these settings to see if that allows the 3102 to "see' the ringing on both numbers. make sure that you write down, or save the page, so that you can go back to the original setting if you need to. The 3102 has a number of setting to allow it to function in most countries, so that means having to contend with many different ring patterns/voltages and different tone sets. It's a matter of tweaking it for your area.

6. alan2010iq

I tried something which may explain something that may enable you to help me. I connected the FXS port of the SPA3102 to the FXO port of another SPA3102, this way it works and the ring comes into the 3CX system and can be routed to any extension. So the ring pattern that comes out of the FXS port of the SPA3102 is detected by the FXO port of the second SPA3102 while the first SPA3201 does not send the ring to the PBX!!!. However, I know this configuration does not make sense and also the caller ID is not displayed instead the number of the virtual port is displayed. I thought this may help in finding out the reason of this porblem.

Thanks very much.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Huh??? I'm trying to picture what you are doing, so far it eludes me. Can you give me a better idea (block diagram) of how you have both 3102's set up including what is going into what FXO/FXS port. And to what device/provider each VoIP port is connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.