Problem telephones staying registered

Discussion in 'Windows' started by creator788, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creator788

I am testing right now with the 3cx software, free license. We already have Mitel 5220 IP Phones and we want to use these with 3CX.

We installed a W2003 server on a DL380 G3 and installed extra:

1. Cerberus FTp server
    2. IIS with a website
    3. Skype
    4. Skype manager for or old system. (Tiptle box connected with USB) If 3cx works we wil deinstall this.

We managed to configure 3 of the 27 Mitel telephones to test with. They also register and we can phone between the telephones. By using a 3cx tunnel we can also dial in from an external location. (Without the tunnel it does not work any idears? It does register then but does not ring on another phone when making a call. Firwall seems to be ok).

Now our biggest problem is, that all the 3 telephones unregister after a while. Now and then the main telephone comes back registered, but it looses connection after some time. (5-10 minutes).

Any one any idear if this is due to the Mitel 5220 telephones or a setting from 3cx? (Maybe because we do not have the purchased version jet?, but then I do want to know if it works before buying this software. Or some conflicting software?).

Greatings

Harro

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I've tried the 5220's on my local LAN but they should work just fine as remote extensions. Make sure that they are set to use STUN and that each set has a different (unique) port number if they are all on the same "remote" LAN. Set registration time to 30 minutes or less.

I have seen one way/no audio issues arising when more than one extension is used at a remote location. Some routers don't seem to be able to keep track of which set to send the audio packets to.

Have you installed the latest firmware in the sets?

3. creator788

All is working fine. Registration time set on 1500 sec. and its working.

Now we have problems we the Siemend C470Ip. This device only registers for 5-10 minutes, and then not any more.
    It thefore also only works for 5-10 minutes. After a power down/up it works again for 5-10 minutes.

I used teh 3cx installation guide... any idears? This device is tested....

Oh I only use it on my own LAN, so no stun needed!

H.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A set registering with 3CX should remain registered for about 30 minutes as a default. Even if you remove the device from the network (unless a call tries to unsuccessfully reach the set in the meantime) it should be seen as registered until 3CX fails to get a re-registration, from the set, after the 30 minutes. Check the 3CX log and see if there is some indication as to what might be happening.

5. creator788

Log said nothing. But I fixed the problem. The Siemens C470IP and Targa 450D (same serie I guess, same menu's etc).
    where both installed a HP Proliant DL380 G3/G4. On both server I installed the HP teaming software.

I found out, by accident, when i changed 1 small setting on the virtual nic, that I could ping the phones. I tried this because
    I could not ping the Targa phone anymore. Then I decided to dissolve the teaming, dropped the teaming and used only 1 of the 2 network cards installed.

And voila, I can ping the phone and it stays registred.... who had ever thought this was the problem.....

Thanx for all you advices...

Harro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.