problem to provisioning 3 spa3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by linuchero, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuchero

Hi everyone!

Im from Mexico and l have used 3cx phone system two years and everything is OK. Some days ago, l wanted to provisioning one spa3102 and it's ok, but the problem is that l need to provisioning 2 spa3102 more and l can't. Could anyone help me?

l tried to make it with the config file (.cgf) but l couldn't, am l doing something bad?

l had to configure them all manually.

l hope you to help me.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As long as they are being set up as different trunks and have unique IP's, I'm not sure what the issue would be. When you attempt to auto provision them what happens? An error message? Are you trying to re-use the same config file?

3. linuchero

Well l´ll detail to you my infrastructure:

l auto provisioned one spa3102 and everything is ok. In the 3102 tab (provisioning --> profile rule) l set the url with the XML file (http://192.168.1.10:5481/provisioning/linksys3102.xml) and everything is ok.

If l wish to add another PSTN Gw, where do l have to save the config file from the second spa3102? and what url do l have to set on the profile rule?

Could you give an example pleasE? I'm using 3cx phone system v9

Thank you.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you've gone over these instructions? http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102-provisioning/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

If you've find, that when adding a second gateway, an identical file is created in the same directory, then re-name the original file first, to something slightly different, so that you are able to remember which gateway it is for. that name would have to now be used for the gateway to download in the future.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are able to get the auto-provisioning working, the great. If not, then I would not spend a lot more time on it. Auto-provisioning is a terrific tool when you are setting up a lot of sets, or a large gateway, especially if your SIP/VoIP knowledge is minimal.
    Since you are dealing with 3 single line gateways, and you are able to provision them manually, then, I'd be done with it. Short of a factory reset, they will retain the settings, even through a firmware upgrade. Once any echo issues were ironed out, I have only had to re-visit my 3102's to modify the dialplan in the FXS section, to accommodate any changes to dialling on my system. The FXO portion has remained the same pretty much from day one. So, unless you are moving them from place to place, once provisioned, that should be it.

6. linuchero

l appreciate your help and patience, l'm going to try to do it with your instructions, just l have one more dude, in the "provisioning folder" on DATA PROGRAM-3CX-DATA-INTERFACE........there's the PROVISIONING folder, inside this, there is one more folder called "TcxProvFiles", here's the config file l have created?

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.