Problem to use G729 codec in v9 beta

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by integrity2, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. integrity2

Does the new release not support G729? I was using it fine before, and with the new release it doesn't seem to work!

I have enabled, and disabled it a few times (Under the advanced parameters of the trunk). My carrier is Broadvox (and it was working on version 8).

Thanks,

Luke

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes - Why are you suspecting that it does not work? I have spent some time to go over this again.

Attached is a capture taken using a Broadvox account with only G729 enabled on the Advanced parameters.
    We are using the same version 9. (you simply have to trust me :) )

You see invite is sent with PCMU and G729 to PBX. 11.717
    Since provider is bound to media server, Pbx sends all supported codecs to phone. 12.039
    I set phone to only answer in G729 to avoid confusion - however the internal components can speak as they like because you do not need to save bandwidth on the internal lan. Media server prefers PCMU for internal communications - + quality, - effort to transcode to lower G729 area.. 14.979
    As you can see RTP stream is sent in G729 to the broadvox media server. 14.997
    200 ok with SDP in G729 is sent to broadvox sip server 15.098
    Return media from Broadvox Media server is sent in G729 15.353

I have shown you how this works in Version 9.
    Outbound calls work in the same way too.
    Can you show me how in your case this does not work?

Let me know

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I certainly believe the issue is that the Demo key is not enabling g729 at all (has never done) due to we have to pay some royalty fees for it and can not give it away for free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suspect this is because of the demo key as Stefan pointed out.

If you have valid maintenance insurance, then your license key will also work on v9

If you are an active 3CX reseller, your current NFR key will continue to work as from today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.