Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem - Transfering Calls Never Hangs Up

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mhawthorn, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhawthorn

I am new to 3CX and have been trying to set it up for my small company, but am having a problem. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Firstly, a bit about my setup...

I am running 3CX v6.0 on Windows Server 2008. I have a single PSTN line that comes in via a Linksys SPA-3102. I have setup two extensions (105 & 106) both of which have an Aastra 51i phone connected to them. I have setup a Ring Group (800) that is set to ring both phones simultaneously when a call comes in from the PSTN line.

We can make external calls via the SPA-3102 fine. When somebody calls our number both phones ring and who ever answers it first can talk to them.

Them problem arrises when one of the extensions answers the incoming call and needs to transfer it to the other extension. This works fine by pressing the "Xfer" button on the phone and then entering the other extension number. The other person can then answer the call and talk to the caller. However, when the call ends it does not disconnect on the 3CX server, meaning that it does not disconnect on the SPA-3102. This leaves our line constantly engaged.

The Phone that originally transferred the call still displays that there is an active call. The phone that the call was transferred TO seems ok.

To rectify this problem I have to restart the Phone that originally answered the call, the 3CX service on the server and the Linksys SPA-3102.

Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello and welcome
    Can you please provide moore data
    3CX version ?
    pstn ring throw line 1 enable or disable
    and capture server status

3. mhawthorn

Thanks for your quick reply.

3CX version is v6.0.806.0.

Could explain what "pstn ring throw line 1 enable or disable" is?

Thanks.

4. galal202

galal202 New Member

You can find it at your spa3102 setup
    http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/admin/voice/advanced
    then voice - pstn line
    under PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup section

5. mhawthorn

Thanks for the help finding this setting....

PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: yes

Is this correct?

6. mhawthorn

Can anybody offer any help on this? It would be very much appreciated.

7. pinchers

I am also having this problem. I am using 3cx version 6 with Windows 2003 server
    and Aastra 51i and Aastra 53i phones.

All transfer attempts results in the phone initiating the transfer to lock up and I have to restart the phone to get it working again.

I really need a solution for this

8. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Is the PBX delivering audio for the PSTN connection? This is an option on the PSTN device in 3cx. If not, can you try it and see what happens? It sort of sounds like a failed re-invite where one party is still somehow engaged (original caller).

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. pinchers

Thanks Mike,
    I tried the PBX delivering audio option but that does not help.
    Transfers between internal extensions also fail.
    For the record I am using a Grandstream GXW 4104 gateway and I upgraded to 3CX version 7

10. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Do you have "supports re-invite" enabled on the extension under "other options" in 3CX?

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. pinchers

Supports Re-invite is enabled
    Supports 'Replace' is enabled

Transfers work fine with voip client

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I ran some tests in an Environment similar to your setup i didnt have any trouble transfering calls between 4 different phones.
    2 Software Phones and 2 hardware phones. 1 PSTN Line.

All transfers worked fine for me with Default Settings. All i can think is maybe upgrade your phone's Firmware? :p Both the Astras and Linksys.
    And do what the above posters said, try the Enable Re-invites -- Enable Replaces in the PSTN Settings.

13. worksighted

worksighted New Member

whats your firmware versions on the phones?

14. pinchers

Thanks guys, updating the firmware worked, but now I have 2 other problems.
    1) The Aastra phones are now all restarting approximately every 60 - 65 minutes
    2) There is a connection delay of about 25 seconds when making calls; sending the # key does not help

15. worksighted

worksighted New Member

This is a problem I can confirm I found a few days ago. Back down to 2.3.x firmware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.