Problem transfering to extensions starting with 10 or 11.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good evening,
    We are getting ready for a test installation at a satalite office tomorrow for a large firm. We are planning on using 3CX and Polycom Soundpoint IP 330 phones. I have run into a problem when attempting to transfer a call from one extension to another extension that starts with 10 or 11 (ie 103, 112, etc.). Each time I try to transfer I get as far as 10 or 11 and then the phone automatically attempts a transfer before I can get the 3rd number in the extension entered. Transfers to other extensions (ie 203, 199, 124, etc.) work fine.

Naturally this stuff has to crop up at the last minute. And to think I actually thought I might get some sleep tonight. :roll:

Has anyone run into something like this or know what is going on?

Thanks again,

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

More Polycom Weirdness

Well things here are getting wilder by the second :roll:

It turns out that when we lift the handset or press new call,( both of which have a dial tone while you dial), we can't complete any call to any extension that starts with 10 or 11. So this is happening during the nomal dialing of an extension also. The phone only lets you enter those 2 numbers before autodialing so you never get to the 3rd number.
    All other extensions can be dialed just fine.

Upgrading the Polycom firmware has had no effect.

So just out of morbid curiosity I decided to dial 101 on our Polycom Soundpoint UP 501s and guess what; they do the same thing. :shock:

You think Polycom has it in for 10 or 11 or somthing?? Maybe its just one large conspiracy to drive me up a wall :? .

Anyone else have some Polycoms they could test this out on??
    Anyone ever run into this before???

Thanks again,

3. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I have a 430 and a 550 and those can all dial extensions 100 and up without any issues. Do you have any funky dialing rules setup in the polycom configs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Problem solved

Good morning,

Well the problem is solved. It turns out that the default Polycom Digitmap on the phones was causing the problem. I set the "Impossible Digitmap Match" = 2 to take care of this.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.