• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem using call history to redial

Status
Not open for further replies.

netforcejames

Reaction score
A little background on the problem, all of the 3CX installations I have configured use 9 to dial to an outside line. The incoming calls are coming up correctly in the call history ie 087 1234567 (irish mobile) 01 1234567 (dublin landline) , if someone wants to redial a call from their call history the call will fail as they have to dial 9 to get to the outside line.

I have been looking at changing the "Reformat Caller ID" option in the Ports/Trunks Status in settings, I have looked through the site and found 1 post which mentions changing this option, and I was wondering if anyone has used this option to configure an incoming to to add a number in my case a 9 so the redial, or calling from the 3cxphone will work as expected?

Thanks in advance

That is pretty much what this feature is there for. Some gateways are capable of doing the same things. For a long time there were complaints about not being able to re-dial using the caller ID, when your installation makes use of access digits, as in your case.

i had this issue with a customer. Instead of dialing 9 to get an outside line i programmed the outbound rule to accept calls from extention instead of a prefix. i added all the extention with comma and the redial from history now works.

Create an outbound rule to add the 9 to any 7 digit number.

pdq said:
Create an outbound rule to add the 9 to any 7 digit number.

That would simply add a 9 onto the number sent out to the provider, which in this case, would result in an incorrect number. They want to add a 9 onto the caller ID to allow re-dial to work, as they use 9 as an access digit for outbound calls.

It works for us. This is a rule above the strip the 9 rule.

Any redial, the 9 gets added on the first rule, any nine digit number get no added digits since the 8 or 9 is already there. Then the 9 get taken away on the last rule. Works with dial from Outlook and redials without the 9 or 8 prefix we require to define which outbound provider to use.

As far as I was aware, once a match was made in the outbound rules (top to bottom), that's it, no other rule is used, the call goes out on the selected trunk group.

Yup, I looked at my rules, and I was incorrect/wrong/clueless.

Any 11 digit (this is the length of the numbers in my phone history) get routed to the "9" outbound VOIP provider route.

Now I have to figure out how to strip the + off as the first digit that show up in history when I dial from Outlook.

Have you tried treating the + as if it were a digit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.