Problem using call history to redial

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netforcejames, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netforcejames

A little background on the problem, all of the 3CX installations I have configured use 9 to dial to an outside line. The incoming calls are coming up correctly in the call history ie 087 1234567 (irish mobile) 01 1234567 (dublin landline) , if someone wants to redial a call from their call history the call will fail as they have to dial 9 to get to the outside line.

I have been looking at changing the "Reformat Caller ID" option in the Ports/Trunks Status in settings, I have looked through the site and found 1 post which mentions changing this option, and I was wondering if anyone has used this option to configure an incoming to to add a number in my case a 9 so the redial, or calling from the 3cxphone will work as expected?

Thanks in advance

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That is pretty much what this feature is there for. Some gateways are capable of doing the same things. For a long time there were complaints about not being able to re-dial using the caller ID, when your installation makes use of access digits, as in your case.

3. dlazure

i had this issue with a customer. Instead of dialing 9 to get an outside line i programmed the outbound rule to accept calls from extention instead of a prefix. i added all the extention with comma and the redial from history now works.

4. pdq

pdq

Create an outbound rule to add the 9 to any 7 digit number.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That would simply add a 9 onto the number sent out to the provider, which in this case, would result in an incorrect number. They want to add a 9 onto the caller ID to allow re-dial to work, as they use 9 as an access digit for outbound calls.

6. pdq

pdq

It works for us. This is a rule above the strip the 9 rule.

Any redial, the 9 gets added on the first rule, any nine digit number get no added digits since the 8 or 9 is already there. Then the 9 get taken away on the last rule. Works with dial from Outlook and redials without the 9 or 8 prefix we require to define which outbound provider to use.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I was aware, once a match was made in the outbound rules (top to bottom), that's it, no other rule is used, the call goes out on the selected trunk group.

8. pdq

pdq

Yup, I looked at my rules, and I was incorrect/wrong/clueless.

Any 11 digit (this is the length of the numbers in my phone history) get routed to the "9" outbound VOIP provider route.

Now I have to figure out how to strip the + off as the first digit that show up in history when I dial from Outlook.

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have you tried treating the + as if it were a digit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.