Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem with agent not receiving calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

I'm having an issue where an agent is not receiving calls using the 3cx softphone.

I have provisioned the phone using the provisioning file, logged the agent in to the queues and they don't receive any calls.

Running a provisioning file for a different agent on the same computer (same windows login) works fine. I've compared the settings and they all look the same to me.

There's an error in the event log on the 3cx server:

02/01/2018 1:12:12 PM - NAT/ALG check:L:13082.1[Extn:2004] REQUEST 'INVITE' - some of SIP/SDP headers may contain inconsistent information or modified by intermediate hop SIP contact header is not equal to the SIP packet source(IP:port): Contact address:172.20.74.31:61259 Received from :172.20.74.31:61326

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi asmith3006,
    Have you run the firewall check and get PASS as result?
    Is the agent connected to the same network as the PBX or is it remotely?

3. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

IP Address / Port in SIP Header and source IP do not match
    NAT/ALG check:L:13082.1[Extn:2004] REQUEST 'INVITE' – some of SIP/SDP headers may contain inconsistent information or modified by intermediate hop. SIP contact header is not equal to the SIP packet source (IP:port):

Contact address:172.20.74.31:61259

Received from :172.20.74.31:61326

This message is shown when the IP or port in the Contact SIP header does not match the source IP or port from where the sip packet was sent. In this case, 172.20.74.31:61259 is the IP address and port found in the SIP Contact header. However the packet arrived from 172.20.74.31:61326. This happens in one of the following scenarios:
    • The SIP contact information has been altered in transit.
    • NAT is not configured correctly.
    • The remote extension is incorrectly using the local IP address in the SIP Contact Header.
    • The external extension is not using the correct external IP address obtained from STUN.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/troubleshooting-remote-extensions/

4. asmith3006

That's the thing I'm confused about, this is on the same LAN (different subnet). There is no NAT or PAT between the computer, just a layer 3 switch.

Also, if I use extension 2001 on the same computer then it works without issue. It's only this particular extension

5. asmith3006

I've run and passed the firewall tests and the extension is on the LAN, albeit a different subnet routed on a Layer3 switch (which has no firewall).

6. apostolis_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for the update.
    Have you logged the agent into the queue using the switchboard?
    Is the extension also not getting direct internal calls (extension to extension) or is this only happening fro queue calls?

#6 apostolis_3CX, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  7. asmith3006

HI, yes both agents are logged in to the queue and are "available" and do not have "do not disturb" enabled and can take calls if dialled directly from other extensions on the system. Below is a screengrab of the queue overview.

I've also compared every setting I can find in the extension manager to check these are the same and I can find no difference. queues.png

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, so same PC with provisioning file for different extension works. Just to cover every basis, 2 questions:
    • If you provision and register Ext 2004 on a different PC, do you have the same problem?
    • When you register Ext 2004, is the problem only with Queue calls, or with all calls in general?

9. massimo@progetto8.net

I have the same problem.
    We have 3 agents belonging to one "support queue". All three clients are in the same LAN.
    One of them, randomly, stop receiving incoming queue calls.
    On the dashboard I can see the incoming call, but only 2 agents are in "Dialing" status.
    Of course all the agents are online (extensions up, green color and partecipating to the queue).
    Direct call between the agents are working. Outside calls work. Just the agent stop suddendly receiving the queue calls.
    The only way to (temporarely) solve is to reboot PBX server.

Any suggestion?
    Massimo

10. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@Massimo

Your problem is most likely something entirely different because you state that it happens after some time. The OP stats that it happens all the time.

While it may seem like a minor difference, it's not. I would suggest for this creating a new Topic.

11. asmith3006

Sorry, to clarify:

Same PC works for 1 extension but not another. I.e. I have put both extensions on the same softphone on the same PC using the different provisioning files and one works but the other doesn't (and gives the above error capture).

Also, yes, this happens all the time. After rebooting the machine, clearing the AppData folder for the app and reloading the provisioning files, all the same end result.

12. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

But on this, as this is important, the extension that doesn't receive Queue calls, is in ONLY Queue calls, or do direct calls to that extension also have the same problem?
    This may point us to something to something that affects the extension generally, or just the Queue Manager...

13. asmith3006

It's ONLY queue calls which don't work. Normal calls work fine.

I'm now having issues with calls from other agents. The agent dials *62 and gets "This extension is logged into the queue" but the overview board does not show this. I've confirmed the agent is "available" and "loggedin" according to the admin interface.

#13 asmith3006, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  14. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the switchboard does not show the agent as logged in this might mean that someone has explicitly logged the user out of the queue. When someone explicitly logs the user out or a queue the extension appears as logged in in the management console as the agent is locked out for a specific queue. Have the queue manager to right click on the user through the switchboard and log the agent into the queue.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/pbx-queue-status/

Regarding the original issue try creating a test queue and add the extension as an agent of the queue. Try calling the queue and see if the queue polls the agent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.