Problem with Analog Extension and 3 digit dialing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by frankv, Jul 23, 2007.

1. frankv

I am a VOIP newbie and Sunrocket refugee.

I am trying to use an Innomedia 6328-2RE ATA with the 3cX system and Callcentric VOIP service. I also have an X-Lite softphone and considerring SIP phones.

Everything seems to work properly except the analog phone via the ATA cannot dial a 3 digit extension or voicemail. I can dial out and receive calls. I can dial the extension of the analog phone via the softphone just fine.

When I try to dial the three digits on the analog phone i get a busy signal. Log files on the 3CX system seem to indicate it's not getting anything at all from the ATA. There are no settings that I can find on the ATA for dialing plans.

Any ideas? I am willing to go out and buy a $50 Linksys PAP2 at Compusa is it's just an Innomedia incompatability issue.

2. gbarnes

Dial plan..

Ive found a manual... but it does look like you cant change dial plan, only via telnet. Do a google.

http://www.innomedia.com/manuals/SIP_MTA_6328Re_AdminManual_1.211.pdf

How about adding a rule to 3CX like 08888103 to connect to extension 103 for example, eg 08888103 ----> rrrrr103 then see if it connects. And 08888999 -----> rrrrr999 (VOICEMAIL) and see how you get on.

It that works, then it looks like its time to investigate further how to use telnet to change the dial-plan. Maybee someone else could shed some more light on this.

3. frankv

Thanks gbarnes.

I ended up replacing the Innomedia with a Linksys Pap2v2. After I got it unlocked, it had an option to enter a key to end the dial string. So now I enter 999# to get to voicemail.