Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem with Analog Extension and 3 digit dialing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by frankv, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankv

I am a VOIP newbie and Sunrocket refugee.

I am trying to use an Innomedia 6328-2RE ATA with the 3cX system and Callcentric VOIP service. I also have an X-Lite softphone and considerring SIP phones.

Everything seems to work properly except the analog phone via the ATA cannot dial a 3 digit extension or voicemail. I can dial out and receive calls. I can dial the extension of the analog phone via the softphone just fine.

When I try to dial the three digits on the analog phone i get a busy signal. Log files on the 3CX system seem to indicate it's not getting anything at all from the ATA. There are no settings that I can find on the ATA for dialing plans.

Any ideas? I am willing to go out and buy a $50 Linksys PAP2 at Compusa is it's just an Innomedia incompatability issue.

2. gbarnes

Dial plan..

Ive found a manual... but it does look like you cant change dial plan, only via telnet. Do a google.

http://www.innomedia.com/manuals/SIP_MTA_6328Re_AdminManual_1.211.pdf

How about adding a rule to 3CX like 08888103 to connect to extension 103 for example, eg 08888103 ----> rrrrr103 then see if it connects. And 08888999 -----> rrrrr999 (VOICEMAIL) and see how you get on.

It that works, then it looks like its time to investigate further how to use telnet to change the dial-plan. Maybee someone else could shed some more light on this.

3. frankv

Thanks gbarnes.

I ended up replacing the Innomedia with a Linksys Pap2v2. After I got it unlocked, it had an option to enter a key to end the dial string. So now I enter 999# to get to voicemail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.