Problem with Audiocodes MP-118 FXO

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by allTel, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allTel

We are evaluating 3CX as a corporate VoIP solution. We purchased an AudioCodes MP-118 FXO to use as our gateway. We configured 3CX server and exported the audiocodes-mp-118.gwcfg file to upload to the MP-118. The problem is that the MP-118 does not accept the file for some reason. When we send the new .ini file to the device, it restarts but the config does not change. We have tried renaming the file with no help. Has anyone seen this problem?

;Board: MP-118 FXO
    ;Serial Number: 1751775
    ;Slot Number: 1
    ;Software Version: 5.00A.035.003
    ;DSP Software Version: 204IM => 209.16

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I suggest using a 3CX supported gateway for your deployment. Audiocodes are Vendor supported - i.e you have to contact Audiocodes for issues about the actual gateway. We have found it very difficult to work with Audiocodes as we do not have access to their support ourselves.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. allTel

Thank you Nick. We will return the unit and replace it with a Patton 4114 for testing. I assume the Patton is siupported and has good audiojn quality? Is there a better unit out there that we should evaluate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.