Problem with Call Attendant being choppy.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning,

We are running the production version of 3CX 3.x small business edition.
    The server is dedicated with 1Gig of Ram, P4 3.0ghz CPU, and 200 Gig HD with 75% free. We have implemented QOS on the network. Calls have been excellent quality with no problems other then the occasional echo which I will ask about in another post.

The Auto Call attendant has been choppy when answering calls. Sometmes a large part of the recorded message wil be skipped. Other times it will perform ok. The server resources seem to be barely used during the calls and the machine is maintaned regularly, defrag, restart, etc. The network itself has plenty of bandwidth and the choppiness of the autoattendant occurs even during low network use.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks again

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

A similar issue for me was caused by the AV software, and was fixed by exempting the 3CX folder and sub-folders. Don't know if this would help in any way :roll:

3. NMN

NMN

I have had issues with barely audible DRs (choppy, but no cut-out) when the 'wrong' encoding was used. I have seen anything stereo or higher than 16khz (I believe 16-bit PCM, 11khz is recommended) to cause problems with audibility.

HTH

NMN

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks

Thanks guys,

The AV on the server is set to avoid all things 3CX :D

I will look into the actual recordings themselves. They may have been recorded at a much higher bit rate then 16.

Thanks again

5. darryla

I found that by increasing the thread priority to all of the 3CX services the quality of my calls, my on hold music and my call attendant improved. I set mine to "High".

I used Process Explorer from Sys Internals (Now owned by Microsoft) to change the priority.

The bad part is that after a reboot the services will get set back to Normal.

There are supposedly tools around that will keep them set right. I'd love to have a batch file run on a Scheduled Task to do it for me, but I haven't found a command yet.

6. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

File operations (version3.1) will be influenced by AV software.(Ask AV developers why it brakes real-time applications)
    Version 4 - will not be influenced until recording.(Ask AV developers why it brakes real-time applications)

Ask AV developers, why theirs software setup highest priority for threads :)

ask yourself, do you need performance or AV(Ask AV developers why it is impossible)

It is a joke. ;)

Regards :)