Problem with call to a cellular switched off. BUG ?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gianluca, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Gianluca

Problem with call to a cellular switched off ecc.

Hi to all,

i have installed the free version in order to evaluate the product for my installations.

I have found a big problem when i call to a cellular phone switched off or to a wrong numeration.

The 3cx continue to ring (send state 180 to a internal spa 942 phone) and don't get the state switched off from the voip provider.

If i setup a Linksys spa 942 ip phone directly i receave the right state but from 3cx no way.

I have tried 3 different provider and are the same.

kebu.it
    mclink.it
    eutelia.it

Any suggestion ?

All the rest work great !!

Many thx and excuse my bad english.

Gianluca

2. alicic

alicic New Member

I thing it is the problem of Service Providers, try caling them and explaining

3. Gianluca

Already tried.

I have analized this issue with service provider (kebu.it) and they sent me a mail with call flow for 3cx + spa942 and spa 942 direct (same as my test and configuration).

With 3cx there is a 180 signaling always and with spa942 direct it work fine.

The problem seem to be in 3cx system.

Any idea ?

4. Gianluca

Utenti italiani ? Italian user ?

Nessun utente italiano ha avuto lo stesso problema ?

Provate a spegnere un cellulare (che NON abbia la segreteria del gestore telefonico attivata) e chiamatelo da un'interno collegato al 3CX e con provider Eutelia per esempio, non vi da il ring anche se è spento ?

Grazie.

Any italian user have the same problem ?

5. Gianluca

No info about this BUG ?

Please give me some hint about this issue.

3CX support please help, in Italy this appens with all VoIP provider and is a BIG problem.

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Any logs?

7. Gianluca

Sure.

I've tried to call my cellular phone previously switched off.

Log from 3cx console:

00:29:26.859 CallConf::Rejected [CM103005] Call(2) is rejected: Not Found
    00:29:26.859 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(2): Call from Ext.110 to 3939723xxx terminated; cause: 404 Not Found; from IP:194.244.11.18
    00:28:10.093 CallConf::eek:nProvisional [CM103003] Call(2): Ln:10005@Eutelia VoIP Lullo Casa is ringing
    00:27:57.234 CallConf::eek:nIncoming [CM103002] Call(2): Incoming call from 110 (Ext.110) to sip:3939723xxx@eutelia.it

As you can see the 3cx call from my first provider for 30 second and after from second (backup) for 30 sec until they go in time out.

For all time the phone is ringing.

In pm you can find the log from logs folder.

Many thx and excuse my bad english.

Gianluca

8. Gianluca

Any news about this issue archie ?

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

00:29:26.859 StratInOut::eek:nCancel [CM104008] Call(2): Call from Ext.110 to 3939723xxx terminated; cause: 404 Not Found; from IP:194.244.11.18

As you can see yoursefl, your provider (194.224.11.18 = sip.kebu.it) replied with '404 Not Found' response, which means it can not find the number you dialled.

10. Gianluca

Yes, but after 1 minute of continuos ring (180 state to internal)...

If you make the same call from spa 942 registered directly to eutelia or kebu, in 2 ring (5 sec) the mobile provider (Vodafone or Tim) say that the cellular phone is not switched on and the call is closed in 5 second, not more than 1 minut of continuous ring.

3cx is not able to get this state (phone switched off) from italian mobile provider (Tim, H3g, Vodafone, Wind).

I have planned to make 3cx pbx a must one for all the installation we make but if the problem can not get solved is impossible to do..

11. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

We're terminating a call as soon as we get reply from provider. Not sooner, not later.
    If italian providers uses some proprietary (other than SIP) mechanism to notify about status of your call phone - we do not support it. From log you've posted I could see that PBX terminated a call right after got reply from provider. We're not going to voluntary terminate a call prior to response received.

12. Gianluca

Ok archie, but why if i make the same call with spa 942 registered directly to kebu or eutelia or another .. i can get the right segnalation and the call in 5 second is closed ?

If the segnalation is get by voip phone have to work with 3cx also i think.

13. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Honestly - I don't know. If you could take capture of SIP traffic in both cases (using wireshark or ethereal) - we could compare and find out the reason.

14. Gianluca

Ok i'll try, many thx.

15. aorlando

I can confirm this problem is present with the following cellphone providers in Italy: Vodafone, TIM, Tre .

Next week I'm going to send traffic capture from 3CX PBX.

Said this: I found a similar issue calling Telecom Italia Technical Customer Care for DSL Interbusiness Connectivity (+39 800018914).
    It rings free and noone answers to me.
    I tried to route the call trough VOIP Providers and trough ISDN with Patton Smartnode 4552 obtaining same results.

16. Gianluca

Wireshark capture.

Archie, you have a PM with Wireshark capture as you request.

Many thx.

Gianluca