Problem with caller id - sip trunks outbound parameters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by choimarc, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. choimarc

Hello,

I'm connecting another voip system to our 3CX. I'm having an issue with the caller id. I have found that the voip system takes the data from the "from" sip fields. I have picked ("CallerDispName") for the "from: Display Name" and that works. But when I come to "from: user part", it doesn't work as intended. I thought choosing "CallerNum" would have placed the ext that is calling into that field but it does nothing. The only way I found to make it work is by putting the outbound caller id info in the extension and then using the value "OutboundCallerid" for that field. Otherwise, it will send the trunk id number or nothing if it's a string value.

Is there something wrong with the "CallerNum" value ?

Thanks.

Marco.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear choimarc,

There is no wrong with "CallerNum" value, the correct way is only with putting the outbound caller id on general settings of each extension.
    This is designed by security reasons.

3. choimarc

Ok, it's nice to know that I haven't gone mad. However I would suggest taking out all the other options that cannot be used in the outbound parameters list. It's very confusing.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.