Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jeff Ward, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Ward

We are using 3CX 10 SP3 with updated 3CX MyPhone. We are a business software developer and created an integration program to make 3CX work with our home-grown CRM software using 3CX's Command Line CRM functionality.

Our problem is that MyPhone will not launch our integration executable when the telephone user answers a call ringing at their extension that is delivered through a Ring Group. Command line integration works perfectly when an extension is dialed through the Digital Receptionist but not when a caller selects a menu option that connects to a ring group.

This is not a small matter because 90% of our inbound calls are delivered through a ring group.

Let me also say that I am astounded by the quality and features of 3CX. I have been responsible for this and past employers' phone systems for 20 years and I have never seen 3CX's equal in price or functionality. Thank you 3CX!

2. Jeff Ward

Re: Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Group

A symptom of this problem is that the pop-up notification above the system tray does not occur when a call from a ring group rings an extension. This is the same issue outlined in this post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/pop-up-incoming-call-from-call-queue-21896.html

When a direct call rings an extension, the pop-up appears and the command line integration outputs the calling number for use in a CRM system. This does not happen with a ring group call.

We've used the system for only a few weeks - Was this behavior different in versions prior to 10 SP3? Did ring group calls display the pop-up and trigger the command line CRM integration?

3. Jeff Ward

Re: Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Group

Thought I'd let everyone know that this problem was corrected with the 10 SP4 update. Thanks 3CX!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.