Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jeff Ward, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Ward

We are using 3CX 10 SP3 with updated 3CX MyPhone. We are a business software developer and created an integration program to make 3CX work with our home-grown CRM software using 3CX's Command Line CRM functionality.

Our problem is that MyPhone will not launch our integration executable when the telephone user answers a call ringing at their extension that is delivered through a Ring Group. Command line integration works perfectly when an extension is dialed through the Digital Receptionist but not when a caller selects a menu option that connects to a ring group.

This is not a small matter because 90% of our inbound calls are delivered through a ring group.

Let me also say that I am astounded by the quality and features of 3CX. I have been responsible for this and past employers' phone systems for 20 years and I have never seen 3CX's equal in price or functionality. Thank you 3CX!

2. Jeff Ward

Re: Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Group

A symptom of this problem is that the pop-up notification above the system tray does not occur when a call from a ring group rings an extension. This is the same issue outlined in this post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/pop-up-incoming-call-from-call-queue-21896.html

When a direct call rings an extension, the pop-up appears and the command line integration outputs the calling number for use in a CRM system. This does not happen with a ring group call.

We've used the system for only a few weeks - Was this behavior different in versions prior to 10 SP3? Did ring group calls display the pop-up and trigger the command line CRM integration?

3. Jeff Ward

Re: Problem with Command Line CRM Integration and Ring Group

Thought I'd let everyone know that this problem was corrected with the 10 SP4 update. Thanks 3CX!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.