Problem with Digital Receptionist "Transfer to Voice Ma

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good evening,

I am using a digital receptionist as our main menu.
    The caller chooses 1 for support or 2 for sales etc.
    If the sales extension is busy, unregistered, etc. the caller is connected to another digital receptionist that gives him other selections. One of these selections is to leave a message. The leave a message selection is set to "Transfer To Voice Mail" and the extension for the transfer is set to the sales extension.

Everything seems to work except for the transfer to voice mail. When the caller attempts to leave a message he is asked for an extension or recieves a "Voice mail is disabled for this extension" message.

Voice mail is enabled and the extension is set to the correct extension for the "Transfer To voice mail" option on the digital receptionist's menu.
    I have tried deleting and recreating the digital receptionist, and the extensions. I have also restarted the server.

Currently I have a work around by creating another extension that forwards all calls to voice mail. I then have the digital receptionist transfer to that extension when the caller leaves a message.

Any ideas on how I can get the transfer to voice mail to work correctly?

Thanks again

2. Ralph

Ralph Member

Has anyone else run into this problem???

Has anyone else run into this problem?

This is becomming more of an issue since the message light on the IP phone is tied to the extension. Thus if I have to send the caller to another extension to leave a message the message light doesnt work.

Anyone?

3. DaKhalli

DaKhalli New Member

If you dial 999 and login to the voicemail you get the no new messages message? (to test is the voicemail itsself works)

I know there was some issues with lights on phones, they working on it, but not sure it was with the voicemail light aswel.

also try to see thwat happens in your server logs with thecall beeing forwarded to voicemail.

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Voice mail appears to be working ok.

Voice mail for the extensions appears to be working ok.

There is somthing going on with the "transfer to voice mail" option for the digital receptionist. I have had the same results when trying this with different digital receptionists and a variety of extensions. I either end up with the message "Voice mail disabled for this extension" or "Please enter an extension". :?

5. ess

ess New Member

Ralph,

I was able to repeat this scenario. You are right, there is a problem there. I don't have a direct solution for it, but I do have a slight fix for it.

Create a ring group that doesn't ring any extensions with a ring time of "1" (0 isn't allowed). Then, set the fall-back to "forward to voicemail for extension" and then choose your sales extension. There is a very small delay in this, and it does say "Please hold while I transfer your call" like the receptionist would, but it does work.

If you have any questions, let me know. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next beta.

-tim

6. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks for the confirm and the work around.

Thanks for the confirmation. I kept reviewing my settings thinking there must be somthing I had done wrong :eek:

I'll try the work around you mentioned and let you know.

Thanks again. :D

7. Ralph

Ralph Member

Work around from Ess works well. Thanks

Good morning Ess,

I tried your work around using ring groups and it works well.
    This at least will allow me to set up until the problem is fixed.

Thanks again,