Problem with firewall, voicemail and

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jrensor, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrensor

Oct 25, 2011
    I am running 3cx PBX (version 10) on a WIndows 2008 server with IIS. When I install the software it reaches the point where it has to configure Windows Firewall and then the entire installation is rolled back. If I stop and disable the Windows Firewall service, restart the server and install the 3cx software again it installs without any problems and completes the configuration wizard. With Windows Firewall disabled, 3cx works fine, including the voicemail functions and customised (Dutch) prompts. However, if I restart the Windows Firewall, voicemail no longer works and the system reverts to the standard US English prompts. If I then stop and disable Windows Firewall and restart the server (in the hope of restoring the system to the situation before the Windows firewall was started) the voicemail does not work and the system prompts cannot be changed back to Dutch.

Starting and stopping Windows Firewall after installing the 3cx software (with Windows Firewall disabled) seems to have some irreversible effect on the configuration. If anyone has experienced this and has a solution, I would appreciate it. I have been looking in this haystack for some time...anybody seen this needle?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.