• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with Grandstream BT-100 and Lancom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooris

Reaction score
First of all I've installed the 3cx PBX on Windows XP embedded on a small fanless ITX barebone. See: http://www.tragant.de/produkte/inde...ukte/artikelDetail.php?id=1050&setLanguage=EN

This creates a really nice, small silent embedded PBX. Works perfect. Nice Box, nice PBX software. I'm very enthusiastic. Perfect alternative for Asterisk based solutions, they are pretty complex to configure and with a descent GUI, they need (how weird for a Linux application) a much bigger footprint. I've had some installation problems, If anyone is interested, ask me.

Problem I have is with the registration. With my BT-100 it first does not register. Later on it suddenly does, but I could not make calls. I discovered that if I turn off STUN on the BT-100, it works like a charm.

Then I wanted 3CX connected to my Lancom VOIP gateway (1823 VOIP). First trying to register 3CX on the Lancom (using lancom as a line/trunk on 3CX). Same kind of problem. 3CX did not register, when I emptied the STUN fields registration went ok.
Then trying to connect my Lancom analog port to 3CX as an extension; not working. Problem is, I cannot disable STUN on the Lancom. But that shouldn't be necessary.

There probably is a strange STUN conflict between 3CX, probably my router and the client.
If usefull, I can make an etherreal capture to check out the SIP messages. In the 3CX logs I cannot see anything strange.
B.t.w. the problem is also there if I install 3CX on a normal XP machine.

I hope you can help me.

Capture can be found here http://home.huijzer.net:31000/3cx.cap

It gives status 407 Proxy Authentication required.

Yesterday I had that same problem with registering the Express Talk Softphone. Also, when I disabled STUN; no problems.

Yes, it gives 407 response, because of your Lancom device doesn't provide authentication information in its registration attempts. Check the configuration settings of Lancom to make sure you've set authId and password the line you've marked as "11".

It is correct behaviour, and Lancom should provide all necessary authentication info in new REGISTER request (after it receives 407 response on the initial REGISTER). But, at least, you should configure it to have such an information.

I checked out the thin client link. Its a possible platform for the PBX, but personally i prefer a virtual machine. Just install the free VMware server, and run a 256 meg XP machine VM with 3CX Phone system. You can run it anywhere on your network..... Very easy for upgrading to new versions, moving to other machines etc.

Hi all

The Lancom does not support stun, it seems to be a problem of 3cx, because
the lancom works with Asterisk or Swyx like a charm.

I use the lancom in the moment as isdn gateway for my asterisk.
I would like to use it with 3cx, but i can not register the lancom to 3cx.

3cx does not allow incoming registration on the sip provider line sip line or does it ?

greetings

the_king_

I spent an hour sniffing and found out what the problem is!

Archie is right, it hasn't got anything to do with the stun (not directly though).

The Lancom (and the Grandstream BT-101, maybe also the ATA-488?) do not register because they must authenticate. 3CX gives an 407 meaning please authenticate.

But... de BT-101 and Lancom are trying to register itself to a registar server, not a proxy server. So the message should be 401. And the BT-101/Lancom do give a response to that. I've tested it on another PBX and registration went ok.

I also played with User ID and password. When I use a non-existing UserID I also get 407, that porbably should be 404

The STUN thing is that the BT-101 and the Express Talk Softphone are behaving different when STUN is disabled. With STUN enabled, Talk Express stops registering after a couple of times. The BT-101 keeps trying without proxy-authentication.
When STUN disabled Talk Express goes on and does do a proxe-authentication. Also the BT-101 start with a proxy-authentication. There is probably a good explanation for that, but I don't know why.

Archie, will the response codes be extended tot 401 and 404? I'd certainly like to test something out!

Cris

admin said:
I checked out the thin client link. Its a possible platform for the PBX, but personally i prefer a virtual machine. Just install the free VMware server, and run a 256 meg XP machine VM with 3CX Phone system. You can run it anywhere on your network..... Very easy for upgrading to new versions, moving to other machines etc.

Admin, you're right, and a less 'tricky' solution also. But what I'm looking for, for my SoHo customers is a small silent and not to expensive solution for 'under the desk' (b.t.w. the VMWare solution gave me crappy sound sometimes).

Actually a solution in addition to the VMWare solution when using the file server (or whatever) is no option. Sometimes I don't want to 'touch' somebody elses server.

Cris

The_king_ said:
Hi all

3cx does not allow incoming registration on the sip provider line sip line or does it ?

the_king_

Yep, I use it also as the PSTN gateway. Very nice box, the Lancom, good sound quality, no echo (no more SPA-3000 frustration).

Why do you want to use incoming registration? If you let 3CX register to the Lancom (which acts as a registrar server) everything works ok.

Can I ask you another question? My VPN connection (local Safenet client on a PC, so not the IPSEC VPN from Lancom) suddenly does not work anymore after some time. When I disconnect the connection and the reconnect. Everything works again. It seems liks some masquerading timeout. Do you recognize this problem?

ok, and another question. Do you use a SIP phone registered from the internet to the Lancom? I have the problem that after a while the phone keeps registered, but after dialing, there is no sound. Seems like the RTP stream has got a problem with the Lancom firewall or something like that. Also seems a timeout issue. Do you have experience with that problem?

ooris said:
Archie, will the response codes be extended tot 401 and 404? I'd certainly like to test something out!

Cris

Yes, I will check why we're sending such responses. Probably, it's a flaw in a logic of authentication/registrar subsystem. Thank you for pointing it out.

Hi

Why do you want to use incoming registration? If you let 3CX register to the Lancom (which acts as a registrar server) everything works ok.

because i have isdn, i want to route every incoming number over the sip line, to the pbx i want to take the decision what will happend with this incomming call on the pbx.

if i do it like your way i have to setup for every number 1 user on the lancom and the same on 3cx with sip lines.
But what happens if a second call on the same number is calling, will i get a busy from 3cx ? i didn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.