Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem with hotdesking

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kevinrek, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevinrek

Hey,

I have a problem with one of our customers.
    We have installed a new pbx and fully updated this customer.
    This customer has installed a sbc on location and this is also the latest version.
    The following phones are used: yealink t42s.
    The devices have the new firmware that is supplied by 3cx.

We have prepared the devices via the new hotdesking function of 3cx.
    The provisioning of the devices with the hotdesking template is going well, but when we then want to log in with the details of an extension, things are not going well.

The telephone indicates that I am logged in successfully and then does nothing. When I look at the PBX, I see that the extension is logged in on the device, but the settings are not retrieved by the device. After a restart of the device the settings are retrieved and it works, but the devices log off without any reason.

Do you have any idea what the problem can be here?
    I hope you can help me

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Kevinrek,

Please use this guide, it should assist:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/hot-desking/

In particular are you getting the "forbidden message" I assume from what you have said the dial code to login works correctly, it just does not do anything when the dial-code is entered ? please confirm.

3. Kevinrek

Yes thanks, but that is exactly the way we have installed it, but it does not work.

When logging in via the dial code I get to hear '' you are logged in successfully the device is reset to your personal settings ''

When I then restart the device, the settings are retrieved, but without restarting the device nothing happens

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Also be aware that Hotdesking is only available in the PRO and Enterprise licence editions.

Also ensure that you are running the latest supported firmware for these phones.
    You can find the latest supported firmware here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

5. Kevinrek

Yes, you know that a pro license is used.

In the first post I gave the following information:
    The following phones are used: yealink t42s.
    The devices have the new firmware that is supplied by 3cx.

6. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I gave up on hotdesk with my Yealink. Htek works fine...Yealink wouldn't reboot or populate BLFs.

7. Kevinrek

It is very strange because we have several customers with a yealink t40g where everything goes well with hotdesking.

8. pact

pact New Member

We have experienced the same scenario, the phone will not auto-reprovision, a restart of the phone will provision correctly. (when over SBC).

It's worked ok on some networks and not on others... so we're also moving away from allowing Hotdesking from anything but local PBX installations.

9. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please make sure that when you assign the phone to the Hot desking extension you do it through PnP and not by manually pasting the provisioning link into the phone.

10. proofficemhellmann

The same problem here at all, but I solved the problem for the moment.
    Very Important is that the pbx can contact the phone directly via it's ip adress.
    That won't work over the SBC only.
    So if you use a cloud server and a SBC you have to use a vpn in the network so that the PBX can communicate with the telephone and all works fine.
    Tested it with snom yealink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.