Problem With Incoming SIP Lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kafao, May 26, 2007.

1. Kafao

Hello.
    I want to tell you about one problem that I have.
    My setup with 3cx work ok, I have setup 3 software phones and 2 hardware and everything is ok.
    I put 4 accounts for external lines (like voipdiscount), I can call and they can call my
    extensions from outside.But sometimes when they call me for example at line 1, the 3cx think that the call is from line 2.The same hapent also at line 3 and 4 sometimes. So because I want to have different rules for the incoming lines to my extensions, I have big problem. Now I have 2 ways to solve it.
    One is to restart the 3cx and second is to remove the user or the password for the line with the problem and then put it again (logout/login).
    Can anyone help me? :(

Thanks!

Sorry for my english!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weird,

All I can think of at the moment is that:

Line1 is either busy or not registered at time of call, and routes to the next available line.

How are your inbound calls for office hrs and out of office hrs configured.

Can you have a look at them?

Also make sure you have different internal numbers for each line.

3. Kafao

Yes, its weird for me also!

About:
    "Line1 is either busy or not registered at time of call, and routes to the next available line."
    My problem appears only when I have incoming call.When I make a call everything is ok

About:
    "How are your inbound calls for office hrs and out of office hrs configured."
    I did not make any change for the office hrs.

About:
    "Also make sure you have different internal numbers for each line."

3 lines have different numbers and providers and 1 is from voipbuser and its for outgoing calls only.

For beter example, I have the provider xx registered at line1,
    the provider yy registered at line2 and the provider zz registered at line3.
    When someone call me at the provider xx number (line 1), sometimes the 3cx thinks that the call is from provides zz (line3).At the same time you can see that the indicator at the info web page of the 3cx, goes from green to orange at the wrong line.

Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What happens if you enter the IP for each provider in the contact field under the advanced settings?

Use IP in'Contact' to recognize source (tick that box)

I have not used these settings but it might solve your problem.

It looks like 3cx has "troubles" identifying where the call comes from.

5. Kafao

OK, Iam going to use this and I ll inform you about.

Thanks Henk!

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Probably, you have the same account name (user id) on both providers?

7. Kafao

About:
    "Probably, you have the same account name (user id) on both providers"
    No, its completely different accounts.
    But even if the accounts (username-password) where the same, the IP of the
    provider is different, right?

Thanks for the help!

8. Kafao

Hello again.
    I use IP in Contact and the incoming lines does not work.
    I have this message:
    Can not find source by following specs: Contact IP: 'my sip ip'; From: 'phone number'; To: 'user'; Rline: 'user'; Contact: 'phone number'

Is this normal?

Also I still having the problem with the incoming lines! :(

Thanks.

9. Kafao

I have some news!
    When I have internal call from my line 3,
    at the server status I have this info:

16:40:44.167 StratInOut::eek:nHangUp Call(C:B): Call from Ln:10001@I-call to 100 has been terminated

16:40:40.231 CallConf::eek:nProvisional Call(C:B): got response from 100

16:40:39.951 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:B): Incoming call from Ln:10001@I-call to sip:****'@****'
    16:40:39.820 Endpoint::findSource Ambiguous configuration.2 source lines correspond to incoming call.INVITE Parameters: Contact IP: '****''; From: '****''; To: '****''; Rline: '****''; Contact: '****''. Line:CfgExtLine:10001 used as fallback!

16:40:39.700 Endpoint::findSource Ambiguous configuration.2 source lines correspond to incoming call.INVITE Parameters: Contact IP: '****''; From: '****''; To: '****'; Rline: '****''; Contact: '****''. Line:CfgExtLine:10001 used as fallback!

some other time I have this:

16:49:02.173 MediaServerReporting::RTPSender from '****:0/MediaServer':call 0000000B not found

16:49:02.163 MediaServerReporting::RTPSender from '****:0/MediaServer':call 0000000B not found

16:49:02.143 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:C) is rejected: Source of call is INVALID

16:49:02.143 Endpoint::findSource Ambiguous configuration.2 source lines correspond to incoming call.INVITE Parameters: Contact IP: '****'; From: '****'; To: '****'; Rline: '****'; Contact: '****'. Line:CfgExtLine:10003 used as fallback!

16:49:02.012 Endpoint::findSource Ambiguous configuration.2 source lines correspond to incoming call.INVITE Parameters: Contact IP: '****'; From: '****'; To: '****'; Rline: '****'; Contact: '****'. Line:CfgExtLine:10003 used as fallback!

Probably the msg
    16:49:02.163 MediaServerReporting::RTPSender from '****:0/MediaServer':call 0000000B not found" is because the
    line is only for outgoing.

Is it from some configuration problem?

Thanks again!

10. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Exactly! You have two external lines with the same settings. 3CX PBX can not distinguish which one is originating the call. And because you've replaced all parameters with '*' I can not suggest you correct settings. If you are worrying about security - send your settings directly to support, and they will help you to adjust your settings.

11. Kafao

:oops: :oops: :oops: I was sure that the accounts is defferent, but....
    2 account is with the same username,but different password and ip address.
    I remove one and now no problem. :oops:

Is there any way to use 2 account with the same username, because the 2 account is valid and I need them?

Thanks again for the help, and I am sorry for my mistake!

12. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, you can use them if they have different external number and that number appears in incoming INVITE. You should use Advanced options for the provider to set up Line-ID match to the field where the external number is shown.

13. spec

Kafao could you post your email address or email it to me at alpaul@hotmail.com. as i would like to talk with you about voipdiscount.

Thanks