Problem with Outbound Rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dyntech, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dyntech

dyntech New Member

I have two rules setup, one for my PSTN line and one for my VSP. The VSP account requires 10 digit dialing the PSTN does not. If I am on a call that comes in on the PSTN and I want to transfer or conference another extension that forwards to an outside line, the call goes out through the VSP account (because I only have one PSTN line).

However, in the Outbound rule for the PSTN I can set the "Backup rule" to default to the VSP line, but it does not use the Outbound rule for the VSP line it uses the Outbound rule for the PSTN line.

Therefore the number gets dialed with only 7 digits and not the 10 digits the VSP is expecting so, the call never goes through.

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

If i understood well, u want to transfer the call u received on your PSTN to an outside number using the VSP. I think this aint possible, becouse you would be transfering 2 external calls.
    What you can do is, you pick up the incoming call on pstn, put on hold, call the other party from your VSP and then put all in conference. There has to be someone on 3cx(in this case, you) holding the connection for both.

Cheers

3. tab

tab

An another possible solution. You have to make a separate outbound rule with new leading number for outside forwarding. Therefore you can to handle this forwadings independently to normal outbound calls.

tab

4. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Transferring the call does work if I dial all 10 digits that the VSP requires. However, I know this will confuse other people with having to dial 7 digits sometimes and 10 digits other times and not knowing when to do which.

5. tab

tab

Transferring or forwarding? They have to interpret extra digits by part of forwarding code.

tab

6. tab

tab

But you can use the transform mask too.

tab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.