Problem with outgoing line burglar system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by fantom, Sep 16, 2007.

1. fantom

Hi, don't know if this problem already has been discussed. Anyway i couldn't find a solution for my problem.

I have the latest version of the 3cx system installed om my Windows SBS 2003 server. I'm calling with a Siemens voip phone without any problems.
    I also have a draytec Vigor 2800 router with two pstn ports in it.
    To one of those ports i connected my burglar systems pstn phone line. The burglar makes a connection every xx minutes to a central report company (don't know the english word for it) who records system intrusion and call the police etc.

The problem is that on a regular basis the system check call is not working properly so the central thinks out line is dead. When i check the call log form the 3cx system i see that the burglarsystem made call to the central and that those call were answered. I think that there is a problem with the modem connection that is going over the voip line.

the question is how do is setup the 3xc system properly to support analoge modem calls over a voip line.

thanks in advance.

PS. excuse my bad english :oops:

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am afraid that I don't clearly understand the setup you are describing. Just to make sure I have it right - Alarm System Analog Modem >> Router FXO port >> 3CX Server >> VoIP Line Outbound - is this the flow you are describing?

If it is, and you indicate some calls are going through, I expect the basic configuration is correct since it works. Without more details I would suggest checking codecs to ensure no issues there, you can specify a specific codec to both the FXO adapter and 3CX. A search of the Forum would give ideas on the best option. I do know that due to the high data rates of alarm systems, comparable to fax transmissions, they are not compatible with a large number of VSPs and there are also issues with the variable rates inherent in the internet itself. For my alarm system the solution was to select the option my provider had (more cost) for internet monitoring, outside of VoIP.

3. fantom

Hi Mirzab,
    Thanks for your reply.
    The config that you describe is the correct one.

Could you or anyone suggest which codec i should use for high modem rates?

4. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Found this in another thread dealing with fax (closest concept)
    Kinda show that its a bit of a hit and miss - see http://www.3cx.com/forums/categorie...-4/fax-machines-voip-1708/?highlight=send+fax if you need some relaxing reading :lol:

It will probably work consistently if you have the ability to control the modem speed.

5. fantom

thanks for the help.
    I'm going to try that.