Problem with playing .wavs for queues after updateing to V10

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GerhardKreuzer, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GerhardKreuzer

Hi all,

I made an intro on a queue, and changed the .wav's for the queue text inclusive the number of the current queue position, works really nice in V8, seriousely tested and I only get the intro in V10 and the music.

Whats different in V10, I former used V8 and backup/restore my settings to preserve everything.

Wan't use the built in recording feature because have nice speech samples made in a 'studio'.

Maybe there is one more hint. V10 allows to play the wav's using a phone. If I do that, I get a spoken message, that the call cant be setup..... The phone rings and I get 'PlayFile' in the display, but thats it. I used different phones (makes and instances) but no chance.

Thanks for helping.

With best regards

Gerhard

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Re: Problem with playing .wavs for queues after updateing to

Hi,
    The files that you are willing to play are in a wrong format most probably. Try to convert them in PCM wav, 8000 Hz, 16 bit, mono.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. GerhardKreuzer

Hi Dan,

sorry, that wasn't true. I definitely produce the files in the format which the PBX needed, its just a question of export settings ...

But I originally used Abyss web server, after reading a post, telling something about changing the settings of ports and other more complicated things, I deinstall V10 and reinstall it, but this time I opt for IIS.

This solved the problem.

So I can play the files using the 'PlayFile' functionallity and therefore think, the files are ok.

Unfortunately, the behavior of the queue seems different, I get the intro but I dont get the position anymore. Setings remain the same and it works great with V8.

So the problem is:

After setting an intro for some queue, I get the intro followed by music, or both mixed, but I didn't get the text including the position. I used the same settings like I do in V8 and I make fresh settings, in the case the restore function together with a version change is the reason for the problem.
    Nothing helps.

With best regards

Gerhard :(

4. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

Hi,

You should check the queue option "Announce Queue position to caller" and set the announce interval at your desired time. After the announce interval, you should hear “You are at position” and a number.
    You can’t hear anything or just the number is not playing? If all audio files are ok everything is working just fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. GerhardKreuzer

Hi,

I had it running in V8, but it fails after upgrading to V10, so the settings should be ok, if there isn't a big change between the versions at this point.

With best regards

Gerhard

6. GerhardKreuzer

Hi Dan,

on this page its only one interval to set.
    I try to set it to 10 seconds now, but I use the 'ring all' option, so this interval wasn't used, as far as I know.

And nothing changed.

With best regards

Gerhard

7. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

It doesn't have anything to do with polling strategy. You cannot select 10 second for Announcement interval, minimum is 15 seconds. It doesn't matter if all your phones ring, it should tell you that you are at position 1 in the queue if nobody answer the phone.
    See this print screen for what do you have to modify:

Attached Files:

8. GerhardKreuzer

Hi Dan,

sorry, but thats not right. If I select 'Ring All' this interval is just ignored.

But this time I listen more than 60 seconds to the nice music and ...

... I get the position.

So, V8 firts tells you the position and update it every 60 seconds, but V10 forget to tell you the position first and start with updates after 60 seconds....

What a big enhancement.

Thanks anyway

With best regards

Gerhard

9. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

You get the position after the Announcement interval that you have set (between 15 and Maximum queue wait time). If a call comes and you have free agents, why should he listen to queue position first and after that be redirected to a phone?

10. GerhardKreuzer

Don't know.
    This was the behavior in V8, and so its a problem to change it without notice.

With best regards

Gerhard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.