Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Problem with preferences

Discussion in 'Windows' started by yaro, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yaro

Every time I start the client software it looses almost all the settings in Preferences. I'm trying to get it set to use 1 sound card for the ringing sound and another card for microphone and playback. Also it looses the setting of Action on Ringing. Is there any fix to it? I've got the 5.1.4393.0 version. Thanks
    yaro

2. thomasz

In the future, that softphone become better.I would consider this problem.

3. yaro

Indeed it fixes this problem but comes with another one. As in the previous version when I logged in I could see who's logged in and who's not. Now all the dots in the status pannel are grey which is even more of a pain because I can't do anything about it.
    yaro

4. yaro

It look's like this issue is caused by having different versions of client and server software. Have to wait for a full release of version 6 of the server.
    Thanks
    yaro

5. yaro

A license key?... I've got the free version. It doesn't ask for any activation key.
    Cheers
    yaro

6. yaro

But the previous version gives presence indication and status. There are 4 of us in the office and we all use the free client.
    We never had any problems with the status indicator before althoug we've been using the 3cx system for over two weeks. Only when I installed the new version the problem has started. As only I went back to the previous version all came back to normal but then I have this problem with Preferences again.
    Thanks
    yaro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.