problem with PSTN gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lioulios, Jun 13, 2007.

1. lioulios

Hello. i have managed to make my free edition 3CX to be running. the problem i am facing at this point is that i need to add a pstn line.in order to do that i am using a Voip gateway (ATA) as a PSTN gateway.

I managed to make it register to IP PBX and also made a rule, routing calls to the device. The problem is that when i try to make a call through PSTN mode it does practically nothing. You are waiting for about a minute and then it gives a busy tone.

Does anyone knows what can be the problem?

P.S.:Also i need to ask something else.The ata i am using has as default the Voip mode calling.So i guess it has to be switched by its button to PSTN mode in order to make a call through PSTN?

Thanks in advance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohh come on, I cannot stand the suspence............. :lol:

What is the ATA brand and Type or Provider

also provide some log files.

Hey, do you know what the colour of the car is that is parked at the house 3 doors away from my back door? See those kind of questions are a bit, well ..... difficult to answer :).

3. lioulios

The ata device is a device that is not in production so i cannot offer you a brand. as to the provider part i have not registered to any provider as i am trying to make calls through PSTN mode.so why so i have to register to a provider?

The following are the log files :

15:07:49.593 CallConf::Rejected Call(C:31) is rejected: Destination is not answering
    15:07:49.593 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call(C:31): Call from Ext.101 to 96948xxxxxx terminated; reason: Request Timeout
    15:07:17.187 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Call(C:31): Incoming call from Ext.101 to sip:96948xxxxxx@192.168.1.202

Another question that i have is that the ATA in order to switch to PSTN mode, user has to dial first 0*.so when i am trying to make a call through PSTN mode i have to switch the ata to PSTN mode as i beleive.
    am iright?

may be a dial plan would help?
    please help

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah now I am with ya, I seen a similar post of this on the forum.

If the ATA is not in production it is likely not supported by 3CX, but you have it registred with 3CX.

You can make a call but the call does not reaches it destination.....

However the number you show 96948xxxxxx@192.168.1.202 does not have a 0 infront of it.

This is how it should look like (if you use 0 to dial out)
    Incoming call from Ext.101 to sip:096948xxxxxx@192.168.1.202

Have a look at Outbound rule and go to Make outbound calls on there you should have bound the outbound rule to the "VoIP Gateway" .

Hope this helps.

5. lioulios

do you know whether the ATA needs to have a full FXO port or a PSTN pass through can make it work?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FXO - Foreign eXchange Office interface (the plug on the phone) receives POTS service, typically from a Central Office of the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). In other words an FXO interface points to the Telco office.

An FXO interface provides the following primary service to the Telco network device:
    - on-hook/off-hook indication (loop closure)

In short, you need an ATA, this is an Analogue Telephone Adapter, this trnaslate your PSTN into a digital signal. The device tipically should need an FXO and FXS port. The FXO is where you plug in the cable from your PSTN and the FXS port is where you put the Phone
    in.

So yep you need a Full FXO for PSTN Pass through, but the pass through is dependent on the dial plan in the ATA otherwise it will route to VoIP by default. (there was a chap in Ireland that had the same problem, but that is another story :)).

7. lioulios

ok
    i guess that this is my problem
    I beleive that the calls are routed to the ATA but the ata is trying to establish the call through VOIP mode.

i cannot find a way to forward the call to the PSTN mode.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can (in general) "trick" the ATA to route to the PSTN. You do this by setting up a dial plan on the ATA.

Not knowing what device this is, I cannot help you any furhter Sorry.
    :roll: